PDA

View Full Version : 30+ lobsters @ DP with bruce

FISHNMOFO
10-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Short story: 30+ lobsters all short :evil: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
1 octi
1 sand bass

Long story:

Pick up bruce watson at 530p from his house and launched in dana point about 7pm. made are way out to the spot and set the hoops. BS'ed for a little bite and started pulling up short after short :thumbdown:. i need to practice pulling because bruce said i pulled like a girl :lmao: :rofl:. pulled about three sets of 9 and only managed about 3 shorts per net average. great weather, small swell made for a great nite minus the lobster. started heading in around 9pm because i had a long drive and had to work at 7am and ended up being late and went in around 11am.

thanks bruce for the tips and the boat lights!!! :thumb:

Troutman65
10-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Looks like you had fun. :D

To bad about all the shorts.

Next time. :wink:

TM65

Sparky70
10-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Call em Crawdads and keep them in case the DFG is scoping U! :banana: :banana: :banana:

bruce watson
10-17-2007, 07:00 PM
It was a poor night but Andy and I had a good time. If you look at the second photo above, you get a hint on better line (rope) management. Those electric cord holders are like 3/$2.68 at most hardware stores. By putting your line on them you'll never get knots or tangles in your line. You can make the line longer or shorter and just chinch the line to the holder with a plastic tie strap. I also use the small coke bottles, for my lights, because of their "girlie" shape. They are attacted to the float with a plastic tie strap. I like them becase they are much smaller than a milk bottle. That's important on a small boat with 10 hoops on board.

Andy, it was nice going out with you. We'll wait until after the storms and give it another try.

Hey Sparky, ain't seen ya in a long time, you old fart. How have you been doin'.

rockbass
10-17-2007, 07:16 PM
This has been our luck out at DP also- lot's of crawlers, but NO KEEPERS!!!!

Where do lobsters go when they grow up? NOT DANA POINT!!!!!! :censored:

ahhvtec
10-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Oh man those things are TINY! Never hooped there before but man looks like nothing but shorts from what I have been reading. Either way nice work boys, better shorts than nada... Better luck next time.

Duc

Nessie Hunter
10-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Way to go Bruce & Andy.. :banana:

Bruce knows all the tricks.. :D :D

Where do lobsters go when they grow up?

My BBQ.... :D :D

Fisherman57
10-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Nice job out there Andy on the bugs......... Thanks for the report & pics!

Dana

Oz
10-24-2007, 01:54 PM
oooooooooh octopus..good cabezon bait 8) wtg on ya 30 bugs even tho they werent keepers.

fishncatalina
10-25-2007, 09:03 AM
WTG guys :wink:

Bruce you need to send me some of those line holders.......looks like a great set up :thumb:

bruce watson
10-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Gees Randy, ya had to ask on your birthday, didn't ya. PM me or that dvloldguy and I'll get your po box number and how many you want.

BTW happy birthday