PDA

View Full Version : Trout day

JDS13
06-15-2016, 01:50 PM
Hi all,
Got a chance to go to the lake this Monday and try for some bass. Water temp. 65, winds up to 10 mph and water vis was about 3 ft. I started over by the dam area for nothing and then proceeded to try about 5 other spots for nothing. So I started to troll towards the observatory and try that side of the lake. As soon as I passed Boulder Bay I got a strong hit on a silver jointed shad rap and it turned out to be a nice full tailed 3 lbs trout, really nice fighter. From that point on I decided to target trout for the day and ended up catching my limit. Towards the end of the day I was getting my action trolling 3.5 to 4 colors with a 20 ft 6 lbs leader and a three inch silver Rapala. Fire tiger and brown trout colors did not produce. It was a very nice day catching trout just me and the dogs, good times.

Tight lines,
JDS13

Andrews90
06-15-2016, 03:52 PM
Nicely done I was fishing there today too I left a little early but managed 3 trout two catfish

JAG107
06-22-2016, 09:40 PM
Very nice! It's weird, some days they just don't want the neon colors, the natural stuff will produce instead. A 3 lb holdover, that must've had some nice orange meat!

pwynn
06-25-2016, 10:07 PM
Hi all,
Got a chance to go to the lake this Monday and try for some bass. Water temp. 65, winds up to 10 mph and water vis was about 3 ft. I started over by the dam area for nothing and then proceeded to try about 5 other spots for nothing. So I started to troll towards the observatory and try that side of the lake. As soon as I passed Boulder Bay I got a strong hit on a silver jointed shad rap and it turned out to be a nice full tailed 3 lbs trout, really nice fighter. From that point on I decided to target trout for the day and ended up catching my limit. Towards the end of the day I was getting my action trolling 3.5 to 4 colors with a 20 ft 6 lbs leader and a three inch silver Rapala. Fire tiger and brown trout colors did not produce. It was a very nice day catching trout just me and the dogs, good times.

Tight lines,
JDS13
Silver rapala? Black/silver, blue/silver? What size?
Thanks in advance

JDS13
06-26-2016, 10:54 PM
Hi pwynn,
The rapala I was using to get my fish was 3 inch silver blk back and a 2 1/2 in shad rap silver blk back.

seal
06-27-2016, 03:49 PM
Black is an excellent color at BBL.

pwynn
06-27-2016, 06:20 PM
Hi pwynn,
The rapala I was using to get my fish was 3 inch silver blk back and a 2 1/2 in shad rap silver blk back.

Thanks..I just got back. Only thing I could get them to hit was a blue/silver cd3. I picked up 2 real nice 2-3 lb holdovers. I got to make 2 passes over that spot before 2 bait fisherman rook it. I was told by a couple people today that the fish like small baits like #1 needlefish and the cd03 rapala. (But i wish i woould have tried some of my cd07s and 09s).All I got to say is trying to get 4 colors out and 50 foot of flouro leader at 1.5 mph is kinda a *****. It was a tough day for trolleys even the guides where not catching anything. I also learned that there are lots of suspended weeds that foul your lures often. I was also shocked at how many people were fishing on a weekday. But I guess it's also a resort community so I guess so could have been on vacation..

billy b
06-29-2016, 10:03 AM
#1 metallic perch and also the trout pattern needlefish were killers for me ... trolling across Metcalf coming out at the eastern point ... also trolling west from the old marina towards the Steve Allen house.

JDS13
07-01-2016, 05:28 PM
Thanks..I just got back. Only thing I could get them to hit was a blue/silver cd3. I picked up 2 real nice 2-3 lb holdovers. I got to make 2 passes over that spot before 2 bait fisherman rook it. I was told by a couple people today that the fish like small baits like #1 needlefish and the cd03 rapala. (But i wish i woould have tried some of my cd07s and 09s).All I got to say is trying to get 4 colors out and 50 foot of flouro leader at 1.5 mph is kinda a *****. It was a tough day for trolleys even the guides where not catching anything. I also learned that there are lots of suspended weeds that foul your lures often. I was also shocked at how many people were fishing on a weekday. But I guess it's also a resort community so I guess so could have been on vacation..

I usually have good fishing by flat line trolling roostertails in the morning and lead core later on with firetiger and brown trout 3 in rapala's