PDA

View Full Version : Reuniting With The Jewel

donknoles
06-12-2016, 08:28 PM
Well my brother and I finally made it back to DVL after a year absence. Even Tom and Stan were a little surprised when they read the year old date on the boat inspection tag. We launched with no trouble and found ourselves in fog and a bit rough water. Because of the fog and somewhat low water level, we moved cautiously not want to hit any hidden shallow structures. We fished some coves on the north side of the lake and worked our way to Saddle Dam and then to the West Dam.

The water temp. was 72 and the wind seemed to remain about 8 to 11mph. I would classify the water as slightly stained. The Ranger had no algae line after after viewing the boat on the trailer. We fished with plastics; Hideki, drop shot and wacky in 24 to 30 foot depths. Five inch pro senkos in watermelon color and 6 inch worms in like colors were our ticket. On our fist trip we just stayed with finesse style. The weather was pretty much ideal and, after a year absence, we were content with four fish each. Heck, I was happy with that after expecting to get skunked and end up just feeding Rod’s ducks again. In closing, it was good to be back on DVL and feel a little rod action.

TUNAVIC
06-12-2016, 08:37 PM
Looks like good times to me!
Great pictures also.wtg

Cya Tuna Vic

BassinPLS
06-13-2016, 09:40 AM
It's GREAT to be back at DVL! Perris was getting hammered!