PDA

View Full Version : Any Crappie fishing out there

slixx
06-09-2016, 02:02 PM
Hi All

Taking my 3yr old out this monday for some fishing love to catch some crappie but still be close to car incase of anything

thanks in advanced for any ideas

slixx

Mr T-rex
06-09-2016, 02:13 PM
I would definitely recommend Green Valley Lake in San Bernardino national forest & while your at it do some trout fishing.
Crappie jigs or a small mosquito hook with a pinched crawler under a bobber will do the job

slixx
06-10-2016, 08:53 AM
haven't been to Green Valley Lake before but seen a few good reports so will add this lake to my possible places for my trip.

thanks

goodguy
06-10-2016, 12:24 PM
Green Valley is about the best shot. There are a ton of crappie in there and you can park really close to your spot or to the lake. Can't beat the scenery either!

Mr T-rex
06-10-2016, 01:19 PM
Green Valley is about the best shot. There are a ton of crappie in there and you can park really close to your spot or to the lake. Can't beat the scenery either!

Was there last Wednesday with my buddy and we absolutely killed the crappie along with a limit of trout (nothing to big)

Ifishtoolittle
06-10-2016, 02:14 PM
Any size to those crappies?

chatmar
06-10-2016, 04:12 PM
I love crappie fishing and have never visited green valley. We're you shore fishing (what part of the lake) and what did you use to catch the crappies and trout? My son is 5 years old and I would like to take him and turn him into a crappie fan. Thanks in advance!

Mr T-rex
06-10-2016, 04:19 PM
Any size to those crappies?

Nothing to crazy. caught a bunch of blue gill size crappies and about 5 decent hand size keepers

http://i.imgur.com/23WHlM7.jpg

Mr T-rex
06-10-2016, 04:23 PM
I love crappie fishing and have never visited green valley. We're you shore fishing (what part of the lake) and what did you use to catch the crappies and trout? My son is 5 years old and I would like to take him and turn him into a crappie fan. Thanks in advance!

Definitely recommend this place. i was fishing the shore line towards the dam across from where you enter you cant miss it! i used a mosquito hook with a pinched nightcrawler under a bobber 6-10 inch leader as for Trout chartreuse powerbait and pink/white mice tails. look for the shady areas and also cast in front of the tullys/weedy areas. huge bass chasing prey also so dont be afraid to throw out a robo worm
Good luck out there

Perris_holic
06-11-2016, 02:41 PM
Can you use the golden poppy pass to enter this lake? Also are 2 or 4 stroke boats allowed on the lake?

goodguy
06-13-2016, 07:48 AM
No private boats and the resident boats that are allowed are row boats only. This is a very small lake... I don't know what a golden poppy pass is, but it's a private lake so you do have to pay the fishing fee.

slixx
06-13-2016, 03:24 PM
Thanks again for the recomendation
Went this morning and just got back
Caught
1crappie
4 bluegills
5 bass (1 was a 3-4lb) rest 8in and smaller
Lost 1 trout was bugger then the bass lengthwise

castle
06-18-2016, 12:17 PM
Went there this morning. Due to posts, A s...t loat of people fishing there. Only managed one decent size crappie on a jig. Alot of people with nada. They were rude as hell also. Not returning soon.