PDA

View Full Version : Roach Bait ?

Re8elmonk0341
10-16-2007, 09:04 PM
I know that Macks are great bait for 'em bugs since they're oily, bloody, etc, etc. I've even heard that if you let it sit (in the sun) for 'bout a day they work even better. Which brings me to this....Last weekend Friday and Sat, I spent both day out on Redondo Pier catching Macks (they're every where) I caught 'bout a 20gal cooler full. Beats paying $2.99 each at the bait & tackle store! Anyways, I cant keep those macks in my house...my sis-in-law wont allow it due to the new baby, lack of freezer space, and the fishy smell. So, I have to keep it on the side of my house in the cooler, ICED of corse :D . It has been 'bout a week and a half now and the fish is starting to smell and attracting ants. Im going to use it this Friday....ALL of it I hope :D :D .Which takes me to my question, will the bait still be good? I don't mind going out a few hours before and catching more its just I'd work so hard to catch those fish :D .

lucky catch
10-16-2007, 10:50 PM
It will work great. I think the bugs are attracked to the blood and guts and thats still iside the stinky macks. You just have to be able to put up with the smell.
Good Luck :P

rockbass
10-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Tell us how you do-also tell us how you could put up with the ordeal of stuffing week-old Macs into your hoops!!?? :lol:

Re8elmonk0341
10-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Hopefully I'll have a good report Fri. night. I dont mind the stink and believe I'll be doubleing up on the latex gloves. :D

SanDimasLMB
10-17-2007, 09:51 PM
PM'ed you on a secret bait.

ymin72
10-17-2007, 09:57 PM

which is????

i've seen people pming about secret spots but secret BAIT?????

Re8elmonk0341
10-18-2007, 06:48 PM

which is????

Its too secret...I'll have to kill ya, if I tell you :D

CoffeaRobusta
10-19-2007, 10:48 AM

which is????

Mackerel and sardine, pureed in a blender with yeast and then left to ferment overnight during a full moon. :bblfish:

ymin72
10-19-2007, 11:32 AM

which is????

Mackerel and sardine, pureed in a blender with yeast and then left to ferment overnight during a full moon. :bblfish:

wonderful. can i come over and use your blender?
and does it have to be during full moon? how about new moon?

thanks for the tips. :wink:

Re8elmonk0341
10-20-2007, 02:22 PM
UPDATE on the hooping last night @ the Breakwall using sticky 2 week old Macks. I didn't catch anything :bang: . Maybe its the old bait. but not even a spider crab or anything. I went to the new spot and the old spot where I caught some....NOTHING. Oh well, next time :)

rocklee
10-31-2007, 11:56 PM
UPDATE on the hooping last night @ the Breakwall using sticky 2 week old Macks. I didn't catch anything :bang: . Maybe its the old bait. but not even a spider crab or anything. I went to the new spot and the old spot where I caught some....NOTHING. Oh well, next time :)

Man, two week old macks! you crazy, they must have smell really bad!
did they fall apart in the cage?

Hope you power wash the net! :D :D
Get they lovely two week old mack smell out! :D :D