PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp and marshmallows

Number1topgun
05-15-2016, 06:32 PM
I've seen people discussing this combo pretty often. Is it just plain old marshmallows that you use for smores or what?

Piss on Myspace
05-15-2016, 07:12 PM
yup..but the mini mallows. Just enough to float the shrimp or nightcrawler

esteban1t
05-16-2016, 06:46 PM
wet the hook a little before putting the marshmallow on so it doesnt rip up the marshmellow as much.. and i usually thread the shrimp onto the hook as opposed to hooking it anywhere , in my experience this helps to keep the hook point exposed which means less of a chance to mess up the hook set

Number1topgun
05-16-2016, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to try my luck there tomorrow night, will let you guys know how it goes...

johnnyraptor
05-17-2016, 06:52 AM
How do you keep the marshmallow on? I've tried before and all of a sudden I see my marshmallow floating off the hook.

esteban1t
05-17-2016, 10:17 PM
How do you keep the marshmallow on? I've tried before and all of a sudden I see my marshmallow floating off the hook.

try wetting the hook before putting it on to avoid tearing the marshmallow more than needed, use a baitholder hook with the barbs on the shank and make sure it isnt too big ... make sure you dont put the marshmallow above the eye of the hook as it will make the hole in the marshmallow bigger

Mr T-rex
05-18-2016, 10:46 AM

I always let my mallows dry out which makes them more sturdier and also try adding 2-3 mini mallows just in case 1 falls off.
Im always on the float tube so i just fly line my bait

Number1topgun
05-18-2016, 12:19 PM
Went last night with no success. Weren't many people on the big lake and it didn't look like anyone caught any. I had Chris pond to myself and didn't even get a nibble. I saw a ton of tilapia but I didn't have any worms and they wouldn't bite anything I threw their way. If you want to catch some Tilapia they all hold up at the nets. Overall a day sitting around fishing beats a day working. Good luck to anyone else thinking of going.

esteban1t
05-18-2016, 02:29 PM
Went last night with no success. Weren't many people on the big lake and it didn't look like anyone caught any. I had Chris pond to myself and didn't even get a nibble. I saw a ton of tilapia but I didn't have any worms and they wouldn't bite anything I threw their way. If you want to catch some Tilapia they all hold up at the nets. Overall a day sitting around fishing beats a day working. Good luck to anyone else thinking of going.

how long was your leader ?

Mr T-rex
05-18-2016, 02:40 PM

You were definitely in for a slow day especially on a Tuesday! the best dates to go would be after a stocking
just imagine the crowd that goes and how many fish are being pulled out?
But like you said it beats a day of working

Number1topgun
05-19-2016, 12:21 AM
Had a six inch leader with shrimp and another one with a bit longer leader with mackerel.