PDA

View Full Version : Crowley Opener

Bishoptroutman
05-10-2016, 10:02 PM
I Was up for the opener with a few buddies, on Saturday the weather was just a little bit different than Sunday's ! I always gauge the weather by the layers of clothing. Saturday everything I wore early I still had on at the end of fishing for that day, but on Sunday we were almost in t shirts by 10am! What a contrast! Saturday I wouldn't call it fishing, it was more like catching! But Sunday it was a little more like fishing. Short leaders were the key.

It was a great trip! one Buddy brought his 3 year old son and he landed a real nice 2lb rainbow with very little help, it was a blast watching the trout take line on him. we had 6 guys and we all limited both days and it was a personal best for me, I had a few 3lb rainbows and 2 really nice cuththroats which I will attach pictures of. The 3lb cuthroat caught on Saturday was with a black Thomas buoyant and then on Sunday a 4.76lb caught on a red and gold buoyant, They both were fun to catch but Sunday's cutthroat took a good 8-10 minutes to land and at one point my spool on my saros was down to the last few turns and I would of been looking at an empty spool! Whew!and on top of that the lure came off in the net.

webmaster
05-11-2016, 07:37 AM
Awesome report! Thanks for sharing.