PDA

View Full Version : New Member

jmurillo74
10-16-2007, 07:04 PM
What's up guys just want to introduce myself and let you now my fishing background. I have been fishing for twenty plus years now mostly for trout and mostly in the Eastern Sierras. I live in the San Gabriel Valley and I am familiar with the standard fishing spots in the area, but I have never had any real good luck trout fishing at these spots. My best experiences around here has been the East Fork of the San Gabriel River, way up past the end of the road away from the gangbangers.

Anyway, I look foward to contributing to this fourm and to soaking up some knowledge from you guys, later.

P.S. What's up with San Dimas Canyon Resevoir? The fishing guide on the DFG website lists it as a fishing location with hatchery trout and bass, so I went up there this past weekend, and Public Works has no trespassing signs everywhere. It was full of water and looked to have great potential. Any experiences or input? Thanks.

Troutman65
10-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the FNN message boards.

Troutman65

Wingnut
10-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Welcome! SD Reservoir has been off limits for awhile now. They drained it several times in the past few years. About 10+ years ago it was a great place to fish for trout & bass, not any longer. :cry:

saintarv
10-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Welcome to the FN message boards.

Troutman65

Ditto...

SoCalGuy7
10-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Welcome to Boards
SCG7

rcman51
10-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Actually, San Dimas Reservoir is open to the public for fishing and if you call the park ranger they'll tell you it is open for fishing and that there is fish there. To access it you have to have a forestry parking pass and park your vehicle at the bottom just past the fire station and walk in through the trail to your right of the fire station. My son and I fished it two months ago for a couple of hours, and I agree with you it looks like it may have potential, we didn't catch anything not even a blue gill nor did we see any in the water, but we could see bubbles just about everywhere in the lake similar to the bubbles carp make, I've been wanting to fish it again but this time hiking all to way towards the dam area and seeing what happens. There is supposed to be catfish, bass and trout in there, but according to the Ranger Station the lake was emptied 4 years ago so who knows maybe they planted fish in there. In any case if you fish out there and score let me know.

Welcome to FNN,

Tight Lines...........Rcman51

jmurillo74
10-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the info about San Dimas Canyon Resevoir. I am going to have to do some more research on how to gain access. I don't recall seeing the fire station when I drove up there last weekend, but that is encouraging news. Mabey I did not drive up far enough. Thanks guys.

corvina man
10-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Welcome to the board!!! looking forward to your reports. :D

Corvina man

one_leg
10-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Welcome to the Jungle!!!

:lol:

One_Leg

Fisher-of-Men
10-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Welcome to FN!