PDA

View Full Version : DVL to open to private boats May 18th

HuskerRod
04-26-2016, 12:33 PM
According to their facebook page it is on May 18th. Get your gear ready. Get your boat ready to launch. Get in line and get some!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you gotta wait till the 18th of May.

DarkShadow
04-26-2016, 02:46 PM
According to their facebook page it is on May 18th. Get your gear ready. Get your boat ready to launch. Get in line and get some!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you gotta wait till the 18th of May.

So we're back to boats being lined up near Domenigoni Road?

Back to people cussing out inspectors because they have a drop of water in their outboard?

People getting yelled at because someone is fishing too close to them?!

Sign me UP!!!

HuskerRod
04-26-2016, 03:29 PM
That's the dvl I remember..lol

DarkShadow
04-26-2016, 03:35 PM
That's the dvl I remember..lol

http://media0.giphy.com/media/MOWPkhRAUbR7i/giphy.gif

Stinkbait
04-26-2016, 04:50 PM
250 Mercs doing 75 mph across the lake washing my rental into the rocks cause troller is underpowered

TroutOnly
04-26-2016, 06:06 PM
.......back to slayin stripers on the big pond..............

DarkShadow
04-26-2016, 07:02 PM
250 Mercs doing 75 mph across the lake washing my rental into the rocks cause troller is underpowered

DVL!

And you wonder why some anglers dont mind the drought.

Baja1ab
04-26-2016, 07:31 PM
Gonna be a zoo for a while. At least it'll take some pressure off of the surrounding lakes for a bit.

MEF_66
04-27-2016, 10:53 AM
There goes the neighborhood, T/O will catch all the stripers in DVL.
.......back to slayin stripers on the big pond..............

HuskerRod
04-27-2016, 12:40 PM
There goes the neighborhood, T/O will catch all the stripers in DVL.

The stripers at DVL just let out a collective "gasp" when they found out the lake was opening to private boats on May 18th and their are reports coming in of Striper trying to swim up the aquaduct to get away from the onslaught that is coming their way from guys like TO "Bob"

etucker1959
04-27-2016, 01:41 PM
The stripers at DVL just let out a collective "gasp" when they found out the lake was opening to private boats on May 18th and their are reports coming in of Striper trying to swim up the aquaduct to get away from the onslaught that is coming their way from guys like TO "Bob"
It's nice to see the Pro's getting their shot at those DVL Stripers again. Since private boating was halted I haven't seen very many outstanding Striper reports. I was wondering was it from the lack of good Striper anglers. (in my one and only experience on the lake, the quality of the anglers was a little disappointing.) Or the Stripers are in a down cycle from what they were just a few years back. Time will now gives us the answer!!!!!! lol

HuskerRod
04-27-2016, 03:31 PM
It's nice to see the Pro's getting their shot at those DVL Stripers again. Since private boating was halted I haven't seen very many outstanding Striper reports. I was wondering was it from the lack of good Striper anglers. (in my one and only experience on the lake, the quality of the anglers was a little disappointing.) Or the Stripers are in a down cycle from what they were just a few years back. Time will now gives us the answer!!!!!! lol

If the quality of angler was not up to standards the day you were there I must have not been fishing.................my skills are of the highest degree....lol. Actually I'd be a lot better angler if I had patience. Ill make like two casts with a swimbait and set it down for the dropshot rig. Ill give that half a chance and then wonder why I didn't stay in bed.

GdHkSet1
04-28-2016, 03:08 PM

Rod cya out there.

GoBlue
04-28-2016, 03:17 PM

I dont think its a lack of good anglers... its just those good anglers don't always feel the need to publicize what they catch. Im not one of those "good" anglers, but from what I've seen the big ones are still there in abundance.

DarkShadow
04-28-2016, 04:24 PM
I dont think its a lack of good anglers... its just those good anglers don't always feel the need to publicize what they catch.

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

dixoncider
04-28-2016, 05:54 PM
pipe is flowing.. I am in..

Pete Marino
04-29-2016, 07:46 AM
Im looking forward to the opening!!!

JAG107
04-29-2016, 04:17 PM
So we're back to boats being lined up near Domenigoni Road?

Back to people cussing out inspectors because they have a drop of water in their outboard?

People getting yelled at because someone is fishing too close to them?!

Sign me UP!!!

...back to guys getting chased away by lake "police" from Domegoni entrance who are selling fresh dead 'dines?

...back to lake "police" sneaking up to the I/O tower undercover to write tickets to boats tied up to the cable?

SIGN ME UP TOO!

dixoncider
04-29-2016, 05:40 PM
...back to guys getting chased away by lake "police" from Domegoni entrance who are selling fresh dead 'dines?

...back to lake "police" sneaking up to the I/O tower undercover to write tickets to boats tied up to the cable?

SIGN ME UP TOO!

Dammit... I forgot about all that..

HuskerRod
04-29-2016, 08:47 PM
How about the "DVL Launch Ramp Shuffle":

You know, " Guys lined up to make the long trek down the ramp bottling necking at the bottom with only two accessible ramps open with the low water while guys launch on rental boats right and left and wave goodbye as they head towards your secret spot".

"THen you get stuck behind a rookie backer upper who backs down from the very top of the ramp only to jack knife every ten feet and start over while the sun rises over the horizon killing your topwater dreams".

Here the "DVL launch Ramp Shuffle" played to the song "The Super Bowl Shuffle" that was sung by the infamous 1985 Bears.

"My names Huskerrod and Im the best backer. Just check out my 2006 Tracker. I can turn my trailer on a dime, take the ladies on a wine and dine. I can catch trout, bass, and gill...............but Im a strictly catch and release Jack and Jill mister no kill. So next time your at the diamond look me up, but dont crowd my spot you know whats up"

EL JEFE
05-03-2016, 05:11 PM
Here the "DVL launch Ramp Shuffle" played to the song "The Super Bowl Shuffle" that was sung by the infamous 1985 Bears.

"My names Huskerrod and Im the best backer. Just check out my 2006 Tracker. I can turn my trailer on a dime, take the ladies on a wine and dine. I can catch trout, bass, and gill...............but Im a strictly catch and release Jack and Jill mister no kill. So next time your at the diamond look me up, but dont crowd my spot you know whats up"

Now dats some funny chit right there!

P.A.W.
05-17-2016, 06:08 AM
I just may head out there Wednesday to hang out and watch the launch ramp follies!

Harley51
05-17-2016, 09:01 AM
If you go Pat take videos.

contium
05-17-2016, 09:20 AM
Are people already lined up? lol

Jhondayang
05-17-2016, 09:23 AM
You guys can sit and watch everyone back up the trailer and boats into the water while I fish. I'm already in line. Lol jk.

trollmiester
05-17-2016, 03:26 PM
the happiest guy at the grand opening was the smart guy who sold hot coffee and donuts in the long line to get in.the line was before the locked gate and around the cornor on the main hgy.we got there with fat albert and pontoon and caught 37 bass,4 big blue gill on the troll-man time flies

Jhondayang
05-17-2016, 05:52 PM
Now that is a smart idea!!

muskyman
05-17-2016, 11:04 PM
I do not miss that calville bay hike at the dvl ramp, Rod take some pics of the mayhem for me so it can bring back the memories. Canada next month dude, ah life is so tough.