PDA

View Full Version : Outer Limits overnighter 4/22

pineapple express
04-23-2016, 02:20 AM
Aloha fellow FNN'ers
Haven't been out for over 2 1/2 years due to health issues. I've been blessed to finally feel well enough to try my luck.
With reports of bluefin this early in the season had me anxious to get out there. Booked an overnight trip on the Outer Limits out of Seaforth. Only 17 anglers on board. The seminar & report captain Paul gave us, got us cringing at the bit.
He told us to use #25-#40 line. Fish have been around 20-30lb to 40-70lb fish schools mainly on meter marks. Very finicky bite. Use fc leader with a #1- 1/0 hook.
Stopped on 5 meter marks for the day. 2nd stop we got the first hook up,a solid #50+ lb fish. On #25 line. Long boat ride in between the final 5th stop capt said biggest mark he's seen this year yet. They charged the boat & 1 ate the jig. After a 1/2 hour battle on #40 gear, the line snapped. Capt said it was difinately of bigger grade. Good thing the area we fished was only 45 miles out. Maxed out our fishing time til 4pm. Only 1 fish on the trip. Overall jr & I had a great time. Capt Paul's operation is top notch.
Sorry no pix to share. I was too busy trying to get bit...haha.
Mahalo fo reading
PE

Marley
04-23-2016, 05:23 AM
Wow, one fish to gaff. That's a tough ride but at least you got to pull on one. I hope I'm out there when this fish decides to really bite, gonna be a great trip for whoever is on the spot. Thanks for posting, welcome back to fishing!

murrieta angler
04-23-2016, 06:33 AM
Hey Danny,
Glad you are feeling better and was able to get for some fun.
There will be plenty of fish, but your health s the main thing.
God Bless,
<><

p.s. How's Jr?

jaggerbub
04-23-2016, 06:55 AM
Sounds like another good season this year. Thanks for sharing and good to hear you are well enough to be back out doing what we all love.

pineapple express
04-23-2016, 07:35 AM
Wow, one fish to gaff. That's a tough ride but at least you got to pull on one. I hope I'm out there when this fish decides to really bite, gonna be a great trip for whoever is on the spot. Thanks for posting, welcome back to fishing!

Mahalo...
My apologies Marley... I was writing my report late last night after my trip. I guess I wasn't specific enough about who caught the fish.
Well it wasn't myself. I meant to say a gentleman on the boat got it. When I referred to we ,I meant the boat lol.

pineapple express
04-23-2016, 07:57 AM
Hey Danny,
Glad you are feeling better and was able to get for some fun.
There will be plenty of fish, but your health s the main thing.
God Bless,
<><

p.s. How's Jr?
Howzit Robert,
Mahaloz bruddah! Absolutely I had to take care of myself before anything.
All of last year reading all the reports of limit style fishing, kept me motivated
& my spirits up. It was so nice to be back on the boat. Jr is well... He has become a fine
Young man, 17 y/o now. He has helped me tremendously during my toughest times.
He is the best fishing partner a father could ever have.
How are you & your Ohana doing? God bless you too bruddah! God is good.

pineapple express
04-23-2016, 08:03 AM
Sounds like another good season this year. Thanks for sharing and good to hear you are well enough to be back out doing what we all love.

Mahalo jaggerbub... Couldn't wait to get on the boat & fishing again. Yes, season looking real good so far. Hope albacore make an appearance !

webmaster
04-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Great report Danny! I'm glad to see you getting out there. Yeah. hopefully albacore come back soon. I miss those tunas!

pineapple express
04-26-2016, 07:31 PM
Great report Danny! I'm glad to see you getting out there. Yeah. hopefully albacore come back soon. I miss those tunas!

Howzit Jeff,
Mahalo bruddah... Felt great to finally get back on the boat, just wish jr & I could of got 1.
Next time. Read a report saying 2017 will be the year for longfins.
PE

etucker1959
04-26-2016, 08:37 PM
Howzit Jeff,
Mahalo bruddah... Felt great to finally get back on the boat, just wish jr & I could of got 1.
Next time. Read a report saying 2017 will be the year for longfins.

PE
We can always hope for the Longfins!!!! The problem is the new home territory for them starts at Santa Cruz!!!