PDA

View Full Version : Bass angler new to Califorina

LoneStar113
04-19-2016, 01:55 PM
I am moving to Southern Califorina in a few weeks from Texas. Fishing is completly different here. I was wondering what the best soft plastic colors are.

DarkShadow
04-19-2016, 02:04 PM
Because our lakes are technically big water coolers (reservoirs), the clarity factor always is an issue, hence the 'finesse' tactics that SoCal is known for.

So, go with natural colors. Your watermelons, green weenies, oxbloods are all good choices during the spring.

As the season rolls on, the fish move on from looking down and start focusing on the bait fish. Threadfin shad is probably the most popular forage for our fish, and coming close being the Silverside.

Mimic those types of species with your plastics, and you should be on your way.

LoneStar113
04-20-2016, 09:36 AM
Thanks I appreciate it. I was also wondering if many lakes allow you to use your own kayak

Zeta Bassassin
04-20-2016, 10:08 AM
Thanks I appreciate it. I was also wondering if many lakes allow you to use your own kayak

Perris and Silverwood allow any type of kayak for fishing/recreation. Skinner and Diamond Valley require that your kayak must be at least ten (10') feet long and the sit inside type, no sit on top. These are the lakes that I frequent. Make sure your kayaks are completely dry prior to entry due to the Quagga mussel inspection. Good luck!

DarkShadow
04-20-2016, 11:03 AM

I'd call the lake and inquire with them, since each lake seems to have different regulations for kayaks.

Good luck!

LoneStar113
04-20-2016, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the advice. California is so different than what I'm used to