PDA

View Full Version : New PB Surf Calico; Malibu

camdozer
04-17-2016, 11:10 AM
Hello again, FNN! It's been almost a year since my last post; too much work, not enough fishing :(

However, I hit the sand this morning and landed a new PB surf calico! Just shy of 18 inches. I've caught bigger bass from a boat, but this beats my surf record by a couple inches!

For those interested I was casting a 3/8 oz chrome Kastmaster with an interlocking barrel swivel, on 20 lb spider line invisibraid. 48210

SP Dan
04-17-2016, 12:09 PM
Congratulations on your PB surf Calico!! WTG!

Great catch!

SP Dan <"))><

bones
04-17-2016, 04:55 PM
Good job Can. As I recall....you posted when you were fishing the grunion runs last year.
Congrats on the PB checker.

murrieta angler
04-17-2016, 05:40 PM
Very nice fish, CONGRATS!!!
Robert
<><

surffishingsean
04-17-2016, 09:23 PM
Congrats on the PB!! Man i miss pulling on those things!!! Can't wait till my foot heals up and i'll be chucking lures for them.

vdisney
04-18-2016, 05:50 AM
Much congrats on your PB, tis a toad for sure!

camdozer
04-18-2016, 09:24 AM
@SP Dan and @murrieta angler and @ vdisney- Thanks, guys!

@bones - yup, that was basically right after I got back into fishing last summer after a decade hiatus, (when I was about 16 I decided waking up at 4 am on a Saturday was no longer cool). I'm looking forward to the runs again this year, as its basically one of the only times I can get my wife to join me, lol. She had a blast chasing those little guys around last year while I was soaking the ones she caught.

@surffishingsean - how long til you're healed up? Still trying to find a committed fishing buddy. Some of my friends come with me from time to time, but they tend to get bored quick if the action isn't fire, and definitely don't accept the invite every time I go. When you're good to go we should hit the waves together! I'll PM you my digits.

I knew it was a quality fish when I first hooked up, but I thought for sure it was a halibut. This guy shook his head like crazy under those waves! Was really surprised when I saw his big old head sticking out of the shallows, lol.

anchor3n1
04-19-2016, 08:47 PM
Good job on the pretty calico!!! Go do it again:Cool:

Nick

Wingnut
04-19-2016, 09:30 PM
Great job on the nice Checker... time to hit the surf again and get a 19 incher... :Wink:

bachiboy
04-20-2016, 11:11 PM
Nice fat checker there Cam! Congrats on the PB!!!

Don