PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear 4/9/16

vonfranko
04-11-2016, 10:40 AM
Snuck out to Big Bear for a few hours Saturday morning on my own. Fished along north shore drive and caught 4, lost 1 just before I left. 2 were on a minnow type jig (with a 3rd lost just before I landed it), and 2 were on chunky cheese powerbait.

I don't usually fish along north shore dr as it gets crowded anywhere decent. I think the weather forecast scared people away as it wasn't too bad when I arrived.

It was fun catching some on a jig. I don't usually have much luck most of the spots I fish with anything other than powerbait or worms. They were jumping all over when I hooked them so it was a bit of a challenge on 2lb test. Really makes me want to get back over there again asap.

There were several groups along the shore by the time I left and it at least looked liked everyone caught something, so I think a good day was had all around. Still my favorite lake to fish.

sovietsky19
04-13-2016, 09:41 AM
Snuck out to Big Bear for a few hours Saturday morning on my own. Fished along north shore drive and caught 4, lost 1 just before I left. 2 were on a minnow type jig (with a 3rd lost just before I landed it), and 2 were on chunky cheese powerbait.

I don't usually fish along north shore dr as it gets crowded anywhere decent. I think the weather forecast scared people away as it wasn't too bad when I arrived.

It was fun catching some on a jig. I don't usually have much luck most of the spots I fish with anything other than powerbait or worms. They were jumping all over when I hooked them so it was a bit of a challenge on 2lb test. Really makes me want to get back over there again asap.

There were several groups along the shore by the time I left and it at least looked liked everyone caught something, so I think a good day was had all around. Still my favorite lake to fish.

Good job! Thanks for the report! Planning on going down there this weekend.