PDA

View Full Version : Pudd 4/7

dday07
04-07-2016, 06:26 PM
Fished from 8 30 to 10:00 seems like the bass are in now...bro got 2 and missed 4 other hits(one went about 5lb.) got both on lizards i got 1 on a green pumpkin ika..biggest fish went about 2lb

NeKro
04-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Fished from 8 30 to 10:00 seems like the bass are in now...bro got 2 and missed 4 other hits(one went about 5lb.) got both on lizards i got 1 on a green pumpkin ika..biggest fish went about 2lb

nice, only been there once. Hear its a hard place to fish.

dday07
04-07-2016, 06:40 PM
nice, only been there once. Hear its a hard place to fish.

When i fished the lake a few years back i was there like three day a week...now i am there about 1 day every three weeks...def. makes it tougher

TUNAVIC
04-08-2016, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the report,a few years ago that was my go to lake also,I've had some great days and evenings there,then it seemed to get slower and slower,not only bass,the crappie fishing there was great every season also,oh well.

Cya Tuna Vic

sumodnb
04-08-2016, 12:37 PM
Nice report. Place feels super fishy right now. Gonna venture out in the rain tomorrow and see what happens.

dday07
04-08-2016, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the report,a few years ago that was my go to lake also,I've had some great days and evenings there,then it seemed to get slower and slower,not only bass,the crappie fishing there was great every season also,oh well.

Cya Tuna VicSince the die-off a few years back been slow but slowly the numbers are getting back up...but without the trout stocks think we will be seeing alot less hogs from years past

Trial and Error
04-08-2016, 12:44 PM
I remember learning to fish here in the early 90's. My neighbors dad would drop a group of us off at the sail boat cove around 7 am and pick us up at 4. We would pack lunch and worked our way around the lake fishing for blue gills with worms we dug up from the mud around the lake. We had several days where we would catch hundreds of bluegills. The hot spot for us was fishing the pilings of the docks of the launch ramps of the sails boat cove.

Now, there aren't nearly those types of numbers of blue gill in that area or around the lake in general.

I remember the giant bass we saw being brought into the boat rental house in the sail boat cove. Lots of dd's came off main points. I specifically remember lots of bass coming from the point in between the dams.

I remember there being a lot more boat traffic especially back when they rented boats here.

I have tons of memories here. Not just fishing related.

For whatever reason, when I hear any Van Halen song but specifically "Right now" it reminds me of the 90's version of the lake.

I remember being on the point between the dams when that race boat crashed. Some older guy fishing a Berkeley salt and pepper grub Carolina rigged caught a fatty bass that same day.

I remember bass fishermen killing it fishing the Christmas trees from the north side of the boat rental shack. The Arkie salty grub was the top producer. That lure was the first bass lure I ever used, only because of the success I saw them have using it. It maintained a staple for me until the early 2000's when the walmarts around here stopped carrying them.

I remember the dock on the north shore right at the mouth of the creek. I will always remember the fight my dad had with an unknown fishing that ended up straightening his hook.

I was float tubing a few years back and saw what was at least a 5 foot slithering snake like thing in the shallows of the sail cove. I vowed to get a canoe and can't seem to let my legs dangle from a tube anymore.

I take my family here now and let my kids play on the playground. With the fishing getting worse and worse, the lake is providing me non fishing family oriented memories.