PDA

View Full Version : Chino Wetlands

NeKro
04-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Anyone fish there recently? Moved out to chino not to long ago and found out about this place. It being close by wanted to see if anyone has been there before I waste my time lol

thomasb10
04-05-2016, 07:34 PM
its ok, can't go during the week because workers will kick you out. Weekends are so so, if you're into catching 7in bass all day then this is your place. Ive been a few times, mainly to practice flipping and pitching into reeds. But only seen one fish over 1lb in there haha.

Anyone fish there recently? Moved out to chino not to long ago and found out about this place. It being close by wanted to see if anyone has been there before I waste my time lol

NeKro
04-05-2016, 07:56 PM
its ok, can't go during the week because workers will kick you out. Weekends are so so, if you're into catching 7in bass all day then this is your place. Ive been a few times, mainly to practice flipping and pitching into reeds. But only seen one fish over 1lb in there haha.

sucks, I was planning to go after work Thursday like around 330-4ish. Don't mind the dinks, better than staying home.

parkermann2
04-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Used to be really good during the spring. Few bass over 1 lb but there used to be a lot. Until some guy started posting YouTube videos and telling hundreds of people where it's at. Now every weekend there is tons of people at that little place and a lot of people keeping bass.

NeKro
04-06-2016, 04:24 AM
Used to be really good during the spring. Few bass over 1 lb but there used to be a lot. Until some guy started posting YouTube videos and telling hundreds of people where it's at. Now every weekend there is tons of people at that little place and a lot of people keeping bass.

Damn that sucks

carpanglerdude
04-06-2016, 07:45 AM
Dang, never seen those videos before. Thanks for the tip. I have attempted to get permission to fish back there, no dice. There are scheduled bird watching trips and even hunting trips back there, but no love for anglers.

Thanks for the tip. The variable water levels back there must make fishing tough...but those ponds look great!!

[edit]. Never mind, looks like these are a similar wetlands but not the real deal, by the dam. Those little ponds he is at didn't have any fish several years ago :)

NeKro
04-06-2016, 04:28 PM
Dang, never seen those videos before. Thanks for the tip. I have attempted to get permission to fish back there, no dice. There are scheduled bird watching trips and even hunting trips back there, but no love for anglers.

Thanks for the tip. The variable water levels back there must make fishing tough...but those ponds look great!!

[edit]. Never mind, looks like these are a similar wetlands but not the real deal, by the dam. Those little ponds he is at didn't have any fish several years ago :)

lets go check it out

cgar
06-18-2016, 09:58 PM
i'm down to go too if you guys want to meet up sometime :)

castle
06-19-2016, 12:49 AM
i'm down to go too if you guys want to meet up sometime :)
To catch carp?

Tony91723
06-19-2016, 08:44 AM
Largemouth bass

Mister Twister
06-19-2016, 03:59 PM
This guys looks like he shares a ton of info on chino wetlands.

https://youtu.be/YAWoipESJ58
I was transferred to chino last year for 3 months. Had my bass tackle, use to hit Laguna on way home. I thought about fishing there but i was sure there was no fishing. Looks like a good spot for the ronco pocket fisherman There is no fishing allowed, go off el prado, no enforcement. Info from buddy that live 3 miles away.

cgar
06-19-2016, 11:42 PM
go off el prado, no enforcement. Info from buddy that live 3 miles away. Go off El Prado?. Where is this?