PDA

View Full Version : Prado 04-02-2016

zerolynx21
04-04-2016, 01:06 AM
First time fishing Prado since it was drained out and I wasn't expecting much. Fished from 8am-12pm. Used a chatterbait for the first time with a keitech swing impact trailer and caught my biggest bass of the year at 3lbs 9oz. It's also my biggest bass at Prado so far. At the end of day I found several bass hugging the shoreline or in beds and I caught another bass at 3lb 2oz with a wacky rigged senko worm. Only 2 bass but man it was worth it! Everyone else was fishing for trout/catfish with no luck all day but as I was leaving I watched a guy land a trout which I helped him weigh at 3lbs 7oz. He was using garlic scented powerbait.

thomasb10
04-04-2016, 10:53 AM
First time fishing Prado since it was drained out and I wasn't expecting much. Fished from 8am-12pm. Used a chatterbait for the first time with a keitech swing impact trailer and caught my biggest bass of the year at 3lbs 9oz. It's also my biggest bass at Prado so far. At the end of day I found several bass hugging the shoreline or in beds and I caught another bass at 3lb 2oz with a wacky rigged senko worm. Only 2 bass but man it was worth it! Everyone else was fishing for trout/catfish with no luck all day but as I was leaving I watched a guy land a trout which I helped him weigh at 3lbs 7oz. He was using garlic scented powerbait.

great catch! did you see many bass?? Was out there a few weeks ago and caught my PB 4.5 lber. only fish of the day, so hopefully that population is still fairly abundant.

sevenout
04-04-2016, 06:32 PM
Was out there today on my boat. Similar theme. Quality, not quantity. Only three, but two were 3.5+. My theory: when the water was at low pool, the waterfowl picked off the juveniles and remaining shad. Was, however, happy to see that some made it through. Now, let's nature do it's thing and rebuild the population.

thomasb10
04-05-2016, 02:18 PM
yah lets hope! Glad some quality fish are in there for the gene pool but nothing better than 20 fish days even if they were 1lb or so.