PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid report/tips?

sovietsky19
03-30-2016, 11:33 AM
Hey guys, I am planning on going to pyramid this weekend to shore fish. Hows the bite from shore? And do you have any tips for me? Appreciate your help!

Theos
03-30-2016, 05:22 PM
Hey guys, I am planning on going to pyramid this weekend to shore fish. Hows the bite from shore? And do you have any tips for me? Appreciate your help!

I was thinking about going Friday but the weather seems unstable; for pyramid get a good assortment of bait, crawlers, sardines, and maybe some blood worms, scents work great also. Cast out as far as you can at first then adjust accordingly, if you lure fish imitate the forage, shad. Rooster tails, roadrunners and most shad type lures work great. It's cold right now so use smaller baits, all species bite from shore, the last time I went I scored bluegill; trout, catfish, and striper on the same trip from shore using crawlers dipped in procure and rooster tails, I used a 6 pound leader, sliding sinker/bead/swivel for all fish caught except for the ones caught on white and yellow rooster tails. Have a good time !!!!!

sovietsky19
03-31-2016, 10:46 AM
I was thinking about going Friday but the weather seems unstable; for pyramid get a good assortment of bait, crawlers, sardines, and maybe some blood worms, scents work great also. Cast out as far as you can at first then adjust accordingly, if you lure fish imitate the forage, shad. Rooster tails, roadrunners and most shad type lures work great. It's cold right now so use smaller baits, all species bite from shore, the last time I went I scored bluegill; trout, catfish, and striper on the same trip from shore using crawlers dipped in procure and rooster tails, I used a 6 pound leader, sliding sinker/bead/swivel for all fish caught except for the ones caught on white and yellow rooster tails. Have a good time !!!!!

Thanks for the tips man! I will head out there this weekend.