PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mission Viejo need tips

georatm2011
03-24-2016, 05:36 PM
Hi guys, a friend of mine will be signing me in to the lake on Monday. You guys have any tips for shore fishing only for trout, tilapia, crappie or catfish? Any suggestions for fishing spots would be great, thanks guys.

webmaster
03-24-2016, 06:56 PM
There is only one spot you can fish from shore and it's right next to the boat docks. Rent a boat! It's cheap (something like $15 if I remember). There should be some trout in there right now. We used to kill them out by the dam area.

etucker1959
03-24-2016, 08:00 PM
I agree with the boat recommendation!! When fishing from a boat very long leaders with your p/b is a very good idea.

jaggerbub
03-24-2016, 09:11 PM
No need to get a boat right now. Pay attention to the stringers and you will see where the school of trout are. Most people limit out quick and go home. Keep moving over until you get into the zone. Boaters haven't been doing as well as shore anglers from what I've seen as of late. This last stocking had some big models that have been biting all week. I had a 17.5 lb four fish stringer the other day. They will be in one general area and won't move all day. As for the Tilapia, fish mid dock right before the sun goes down. They roll in fast and then they're gone. Drop shot nc will do the job. Good luck.

Loggoog
03-26-2016, 11:33 AM
I've fished LMV this year nearly every other weekend, and my preferred spot is right outside the marina near the swim zone. Trout have been congregating like mad near the marina. I've limited out every time on 2lb test, powerbait. As stated above the fish are near the North shore, and the anglers on the docks have been hitting them hard near the very beginning of the fishing zone and no farther. Get a boat and go to the marina buoy entrance. Fish biting! 5lb lunker was my big one last week.

georatm2011
03-28-2016, 04:02 PM
Hey guys I was told by staff that it's not very safe for my kids to come along. They are 3 and 4 years old. They mentioned the only shore fishing allowed is on the docks which are narrow and have no railings. Is this the case or is there actually safer shore fishing locations? Thanks for all the replies.

webmaster
03-31-2016, 07:14 AM
The shore fishing area is small and it gets crowded so I can see it being a little unsafe for small kids. The rest of the lake is private houses - no shore fishing.

georatm2011
03-31-2016, 04:17 PM
Thanks for all the help guys, I didn't end up going this time but if I get out there anytime soon I will let you all know how it goes. Your all an awesome help.