PDA

View Full Version : MileSquare Park

jhernandez25
03-21-2016, 10:34 AM
Anyone been to Milesquare after the derby??? Thinking of going this weekend to chase some Cats and possibly some trout, was thinking of going to SARL but with the upcoming tournament am trying to avoid the crowds. Thanks in Advance:Smile:

Nuoc Mam
03-21-2016, 12:46 PM
The catfish has slowed down drastically due to them being fished out a few days after the derby. There's plenty left though but just have to put some time out to bait and wait. As for the trout, it's been sketchy. They are starting to get hungry though. Same as the cats though, just have to bait and wait and hope for a bite/hook-up. If you just want something fun to pull on the line then carp is your best bet, seeing a bunch of monster carps just cruising the banks.

Good luck to you if you head out there.

jhernandez25
03-21-2016, 01:12 PM
The catfish has slowed down drastically due to them being fished out a few days after the derby. There's plenty left though but just have to put some time out to bait and wait. As for the trout, it's been sketchy. They are starting to get hungry though. Same as the cats though, just have to bait and wait and hope for a bite/hook-up. If you just want something fun to pull on the line then carp is your best bet, seeing a bunch of monster carps just cruising the banks.

Good luck to you if you head out there.

Thanks for the Info, kinda figured but hey its called fishing and not catching :-), hopefully I can get out there and try my luck it would be my first time fishing a regional park so will see how that goes, never fished for Carp whats a good bait to use for them??

etucker1959
03-21-2016, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the Info, kinda figured but hey its called fishing and not catching :-), hopefully I can get out there and try my luck it would be my first time fishing a regional park so will see how that goes, never fished for Carp whats a good bait to use for them??
If the Carp are cruising near the shore line, a single cornel of corn on a small hook with little or no weight will work just fine. It is highly illegal, but some people throw additional pieces of corn around their bait. When it comes to park catfish, a certain percentage of them are suicidal as soon as their planted and quickly caught. After a week or so the remainder of them start to feed usually at or near dark.