PDA

View Full Version : Which Marshmallows work best?

billy b
03-19-2016, 01:31 PM
I've got a bunch of bottles that had dried up ... and I need to get some more. Don't want to buy too many.

MUCH appreciated for any helps and tips ...

Marley
03-19-2016, 04:26 PM
I have never found the bottled or otherwise prepared 'mallows to be effective at all. Only ones I ever use are plain old white mini marshmallows by Kraft. No knockoffs of plain wraps, have to be that kind for me. Scents are added at the end if needed at all. And if fishing is slow you can feed them to the ducks or munch a handful yourself, even put some in your thermos of hot chocolate.
Like topwater action? Try fly lining a single mini out over productive trout water and enjoy the show.

billy b
03-19-2016, 05:22 PM
Duh ... never thought of flylining them ... I always feed the ducks and birds with the Kraft's Hope the scented ones don't hurt any thing. Thanks for sharing.

You've heard of using a M & M setup? Johnny's in Pasadena once told me to try a Marshmallow and a Meal worm

tpfishnfool
03-19-2016, 06:34 PM
Anice, garlic. Done.

bowler
03-19-2016, 06:45 PM
Duh ... never thought of flylining them ... I always feed the ducks and birds with the Kraft's Hope the scented ones don't hurt any thing. Thanks for sharing.

You've heard of using a M & M setup? Johnny's in Pasadena once told me to try a Marshmallow and a Meal worm

Yes M and M combo is deadly on catfish.

Marley
03-19-2016, 07:29 PM

M&M? Yup! It's deadly on trout and catfish. Pro-Cure Garlic Plus as a scent.

old pudd fisher
03-19-2016, 07:48 PM
This old school stuff still works well for me.47955 and if the fish don't like it you can eat it your self along with the marshmallows.

Marley
03-19-2016, 09:13 PM
This old school stuff still works well for me.47955 and if the fish don't like it you can eat it your self along with the marshmallows.

You're giving away old school secrets, opf. Velveeta is da bomb trout bait! Love to flyline it, too. My brother and I used to fish together a lot and we used to love fishing Prado Park. Concession stand out there sold a styrofoam cup full of chili. Best eats was to buy a cup of that chili and crumble up some of Velveeta from your cooler on top of it. Good times!
Used to put a single salmon egg (Pautzke's, only one worth fishing with) on one of the treble hooks then put a small ball of Velveeta on the other two. Flyline it out as far as you could cast it without jerking it off the hook. Something about that single red egg just made the trout go nuts.
Or put one red salmon egg atop a mini marshmallow to make a strawberry shortcake. Very effective bait, used to be just about the only thing the trout in Anaheim Lake would eat.