PDA

View Full Version : SAT SUN REPORT NPH

JL
10-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Woke up Saturday thinking I wasn't sure if I wanted to fight the rain and cold. Wife and I decided at 8:30 to go ahead to Newport harbor as planned. Invited Son and Daughterin law with there 2 kids Nick and Kali. Wife and I fought the cold and rough water from 9:30 - 12 noon. No fish. Son arrived at noon with family. Took them out near the bait barge. Got one of the sea lions upset getting to close to show the grand kids. Seal lion came across my bow lifted his fin and spashed everyone in the front of the boat. Kids loved it. Nick just bought $26.00 green and yellow spinning outfit at BPS. Must have about 3 or 4 lb test.line. First time for Nick line in the water caught a mackeral. Absolutely best thing a grandpa can do. Kid will be a fisherman for life. Water became calm and weather turned warm and sunny. Went out side the harbor caught mackerel, plus nice15" white sea bass( released). Grand kids green stick in fish holder while we snacked, begins to jump. My Son picks it up and the pole goes bendo nearly in half. Coached my son to give the fish line, bring it up only when it seemed to slow its dive. Worked 10 minutes with that 4 ft stick ........success 3lb Sand Bass in the boat. Great day number 1
Day 2 Wife and I alone on Sunday. Fished the harbor about 3 hours. Then out of the bay going south about 1 mi or so. Nothing out of the kelp. Couple of pulls but no hook ups. Decide to try one more rock reef area close to the bay. About 3:30 getting rough. anchored about 15 feet off the rocks. Got nice 15 inch calico, Walley perch about 1.2 lbs, and a couple of what looked like to me to be spanish mackeral.
Two great days on the bay. Yea I know pics. Coming soon.

Troutman65
10-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Nice report. Very cool you are able to fish with Wife, Son, grandkids. 8)

Thanks for the report. Looking forward to you posting some pics. :wink:

Troutman65