PDA

View Full Version : New to the area! Advise

kklouzer
03-14-2016, 08:14 PM
Can anyone tell me a few spots for LMB? I catch and release in the same spot I catch to keep fish in the same area to respect them and the people who told me about the spot! I am a respectful bass fisherman and just want to know the spots to catch a few Cali bass. Thanks in advance and hope all good fishing! I also have a boat not shore fishing or float tubbing.

hookdfisherman
03-14-2016, 11:31 PM
float tubbing.

c&r stylin'....

BassinPLS
03-15-2016, 06:24 AM
Can anyone tell me a few spots for LMB? I catch and release in the same spot I catch to keep fish in the same area to respect them and the people who told me about the spot! I am a respectful bass fisherman and just want to know the spots to catch a few Cali bass. Thanks in advance and hope all good fishing! I also have a boat not shore fishing or float tubbing.

Kklouzer,

Silverwood can be pretty tuff for LMB until the water warms up some more. I don't know where you live; but Lake Perris in Moreno Valley has a much higher probability of boating some fish right now. I have not been out there in a while; but some buddies in my bass club have told me that Perris is staring to "go off"! Creature Baits, Baby Brush Hogs, Ikas or Senkos (green pumpkin or watermelon blk. flake), in 6 to 10 foot of water or D/S the worm...purple seems to always work at LP, such as MM III or purple punisher something like that .

Good Luck & Tight Lines!

seal
03-15-2016, 09:23 AM
Spots? Sorry but "spots" don't need to be given when it comes to largemouth (or any species for that matter). Knowledge of the migration of fish during different times of the year will help you much more than somebody giving you GPS coordinates. The fish are starting to move more shallow during the warmer days and you can get them on any of your typical creature baits or worms, during weather fronts that come thru they move back out to deeper water this time of the year. They are starting to bite at Silverwood.