PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris outing 3-9-16

Bass-akwards
03-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Well.... I made it back out to Perris today (Wed).. Had a great day.. Only managed 3 fish and only because I broke down and hit the banks. My goal was to target some larger fish staging offshore. Started my morning at the tower. LOTS of fish just outside my reach. Made my way down Burosconi for zippo. Hit the community tire shop for zip. Took the next hour or so hitting different way points. Couldn't seem to find what I was looking for. Finally made my way over to the boat outside of the marina and WAMMMOO!!! There they were.. Dozens and dozens of fish stacked up... Problem was, everything I tried to do to get a bite was an absolute failure... (Inexperience I'm sure) I thought maybe I spooked them so I rotated back an hour or so later and I still couldn't get anything going. After hours of frustration I gave up and hit the bank... Tiny brush hogs was the deal. Landed a couple of 2.5lbs. Im starting to relate fishing to golf. You play like **** all day but theres always one hole you hit a great shot and it keeps bringing you back. Ill be back at it tomorrow (Thursday) so hopefully I can get something figured out.

-Mike

bass413
03-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Finally made my way over to the boat outside of the marina and WAMMMOO!!! There they were.. Dozens and dozens of fish stacked up... Problem was, everything I tried to do to get a bite was an absolute failure... (Inexperience I'm sure) I thought maybe I spooked them so I rotated back an hour or so later and I still couldn't get anything going. After hours of frustration I gave up and hit the bank...

Is this boat just outside the marina buoy no wake zone line??

Bass-akwards
03-15-2016, 09:18 PM
Is this boat just outside the marina buoy no wake zone line??

Yes sir it is...

bass413
03-17-2016, 10:08 AM
Don't feel bad.....I meter fish on that boat all the time too. Stop and fish it every outing. Have only had 1 bite off of it so far. Normally have really good luck off deep water structure, but for some reason I can't get the fish on that boat to bite.

Bass-akwards
03-18-2016, 06:21 PM
Don't feel bad.....I meter fish on that boat all the time too. Stop and fish it every outing. Have only had 1 bite off of it so far. Normally have really good luck off deep water structure, but for some reason I can't get the fish on that boat to bite.

Crazy man.. I would think that boat would produce solid fish consistently.... Glad to know I'm not the only one. Im still learning how to fish "deep" water.

Piss on Myspace
03-19-2016, 06:41 AM
keep at it buddy, you'll figure it out soon. Its called paying dues. Once you have developed a general pattern based upon a targeted species migration and the seasonal changes, it will not seem like such a shot in the dark. Loved your golf analogy...another reason I participate in both, it gives us a reason to drink before 9 am haha...remember its only gonna get better from here...gluck this year...cheers!

Bass-akwards
03-21-2016, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the kind words... Like you said, I'm trying to put the most time on the water as I can and be productive... Every time out I learn something new... Tight lines brotha...