PDA

View Full Version : bass on the beds .....

halopower
03-05-2016, 04:55 PM
seems like folks aren't posting as much info as in prior years, so thought I'd contribute .... got out for 1st time this year on Thursday 3/3 .....(time to find out what needs work on my boat and my gear-- and sure enough, there were issues :LOL:.....).... water in the low to mid 60's ..... figured it had to getting close to time for the bass to be moving up, but 1st wanted to try a bit deeper to see if there were some hungry staging fish ..... no luck .... got on lake late (9:30) and could see boats along dam, around island and along south shore .... knew there had to be fish there ..... so after no luck outside moved in and saw the beds -- many empty but many with fish, too ... caught one nice fish sightfishing, and since this isn't my fav way to fish, tried moving out again .... still NG, so back to the bank .... got several nice fish, but am not convinced some nice outside waiting still ..... so, anyone having any luck with these stagers ? .....thanks

Nitro591
03-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the update! I went out to Perris a few weeks ago and the win was so bad, all the boats were blown off the lake by 9am. I'm planning on heading out there this weekend and throw a big swimbait around and try my luck at a few spawning bed fish. Good luck out there :)

khanhqpham
03-07-2016, 03:35 PM
seems like folks aren't posting as much info as in prior years, so thought I'd contribute .... got out for 1st time this year on Thursday 3/3 .....(time to find out what needs work on my boat and my gear-- and sure enough, there were issues :LOL:.....).... water in the low to mid 60's ..... figured it had to getting close to time for the bass to be moving up, but 1st wanted to try a bit deeper to see if there were some hungry staging fish ..... no luck .... got on lake late (9:30) and could see boats along dam, around island and along south shore .... knew there had to be fish there ..... so after no luck outside moved in and saw the beds -- many empty but many with fish, too ... caught one nice fish sightfishing, and since this isn't my fav way to fish, tried moving out again .... still NG, so back to the bank .... got several nice fish, but am not convinced some nice outside waiting still ..... so, anyone having any luck with these stagers ? .....thanks

I tried at deeper points near shallow areas on Saturday with no luck.... All my fish were shallow. Me and my buddy caught 20 or so fish.... Farmed 4.... Largest was a 5 pounder..... Average size 2 pounds.... Roboworms and flukes...