PDA

View Full Version : Perris or Elsinore...??

mishawn23
03-02-2016, 01:07 PM
Getting out to try some new water again this Saturday. But the question is, where should I go? Will have to be on the shore because the family is tagging along. Picked up some senkos I'm anxious to try out for the first time, but I'm up for fishing anything, not just LMB (although I need to get my first one for the books)

What do you "guys" think? Point me in the direction of some water! LOL hope you'll be hitting some as well.

etucker1959
03-02-2016, 01:27 PM
Getting out to try some new water again this Saturday. But the question is, where should I go? Will have to be on the shore because the family is tagging along. Picked up some senkos I'm anxious to try out for the first time, but I'm up for fishing anything, not just LMB (although I need to get my first one for the books)

What do you "guys" think? Point me in the direction of some water! LOL hope you'll be hitting some as well.
I don't know anything about Perris, but I do know a fair amount about Elsinore. At Elsinore you can have decent fishing from the shore. You can catch catfish, bass, crappie and the ever present carp. The down side is the best fishing from shore is in the Marina's and they do charge $10 a person to fish. It is also getting very close to the best time of the year to fish that lake. Couple that with they have stocked the lake in recent weeks with a variety of fish. But what I'm giving you is just general information. What you really need to do is call William at Williams Bait & Tackle for the most up to date fishing information about the lake. You can't go wrong talking to him!!!!!

bowler
03-02-2016, 01:41 PM
I don't know anything about Perris, but I do know a fair amount about Elsinore. At Elsinore you can have decent fishing from the shore. You can catch catfish, bass, crappie and the ever present carp. The down side is the best fishing from shore is in the Marina's and they do charge $10 a person to fish. It is also getting very close to the best time of the year to fish that lake. Couple that with they have stocked the lake in recent weeks with a variety of fish. But what I'm giving you is just general information. What you really need to do is call William at Williams Bait & Tackle for the most up to date fishing information about the lake. You can't go wrong talking to him!!!!!

Plus I heard they are changing all the limits at the lake with out the DFG knowing.

mishawn23
03-02-2016, 03:07 PM

Thanks E. I will definitively give him a ring. Funny enough I've had his website open in another tab on my phone for the last week lol. Sounds like a nice variety for the end of my line! Any paths around for the kid to ride his bike and the mrs to walk when they need a break? Just don't want to pack up anything extra that won't be able to use. Thanks as always!

mishawn23
03-02-2016, 03:11 PM
Plus I heard they are changing all the limits at the lake with out the DFG knowing.

Smaller limits? Well I have yet to hit a limit in my short career lol......but, id hate to get goin good and be cut off prematurely! I'll have to ask William about that for sure. Thanks for the heads up!

bowler
03-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Smaller limits? Well I have yet to hit a limit in my short career lol......but, id hate to get goin good and be cut off prematurely! I'll have to ask William about that for sure. Thanks for the heads up!

He was the one that told they change the limit and size of the fish you can take.

bowler
03-02-2016, 03:38 PM
If you want to have fun use masa for bait to catch carp.

JAG107
03-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Carp and cats at elsinore, although the cats don't really get biting until the weather heats up IME.
If you want bass, even though I've never tried Perris, I would still recommend Perris. It is a much nicer lake, also. You might hook an old car, washing machine or a corpse at Elsinore if you cast far enough. And Perris has a good panfish bite too, but I'm not sure if it's going off yet. And trout, does anyone know if they still stock trout? They used to, years ago I caught some near ramp 11 (I think?). Bite sized fish, but they were there. You will only find brown trout at Elsinore. The only rainbows you will see there are from oil slicks in the water. They did used to have wipers, but I haven't heard any reports of wipers being caught in a long time. The important thing is you get out there and fish!

DarkShadow
03-02-2016, 04:46 PM
You will only find brown trout at Elsinore. The only rainbows you will see there are from oil slicks in the water.

:LOL:

Classic.

mishawn23
03-02-2016, 06:04 PM
The important thing is you get out there and fish!

And that's all I want to do. As long as there's something with gills on the end of my line, I'm happy! Thank you for you input! Plenty to get me going :-)