PDA

View Full Version : Fishing bishop

jayfish0084
02-29-2016, 08:50 AM
Hey all,
I'm heading to bishop Thursday with a buddy. Looking for any info on the middle Owens behind bishop. And pleasant valley reservoir. I've tried doing research online but it's hard to find any recent reports. Anything helps.
Thank you

Viejo
02-29-2016, 12:52 PM
Been going up there for 40 years. PVR is fishing very well. Stop in the local sporting goods stores for the hot ticket. We've done well between Line Street and the next road south of there. Lots of dirt road access and fishing has been good on worms and PB.
Here's one fish report: https://www.facebook.com/sierratroutmagnet/?fref=nf

FishinUSA
02-29-2016, 05:39 PM
Jay,

This is my favorite time of year to fish up there as there isn't much fishermen traffic... I have always had good luck down line street as well as Collins Road for the Owens River. PVR also fishes pretty well this time of year. I like to park at the far end by the power plant and walk in.... Stop in and see the guys at Reagan's Sporting Goods (next to Starbucks) they will point you in the right direction.

jayfish0084
03-01-2016, 08:49 AM
Thank you fishin and viejo. I appreciate both of your input. I'll post pics and a report when I get back.

Kunihiro
03-15-2016, 11:06 AM
I was there about a week and a half ago. Flyfished the area just below the reservoir and areas around Chalk Bluff Rd. I did catch and release, and although they are very pretty, they are small. Be advised I don't fish that area with any frequency, and there is a "hatch" around the noon hour. Although if you're conventional fishing, the hatch really doesn't mean a whole lot. Headed up this week to drift the Lower Sac,,,,,the catch and release is much bigger up there....

John Harper
03-15-2016, 12:13 PM
If you fish below PVR campground, the area is a wild trout, catch and release only, no bait, and single
barbless hook. The DFW patrols regularly, so don't get caught with a barbed hook or bait or you'll be sorry, like $500 sorry.
I think the wild trout area extends about three miles below the footbridge at the downstream end of the campground.

John

HunterAndy
03-17-2016, 04:06 AM
Www.fishhound.Com
Www.outdoornewsservice.com