PDA

View Full Version : Conditions report request

Durdy Daug
02-25-2016, 10:22 PM
Anyone been out there at the wood lately? Last report that I got from the main gate is that the water is lowering, no reports on the catching though. Wanting to get the "Spectrum" out on the water, I just completely rewired the entire trailer including rewiring and brand new lights, added a new hitch on the trailer as well, the old one was rather finicky and had to be lined up exactly right or it wouldn't go into place properly.
I bought a "Mac's river runner" prop and alley protector, going to opt for BMS Margarine install it for me, as I am concerned about screwing it up. After that is done I'm thinking of adding one to the Spectrum as well. Now that I've been fishing the river, I think that more protection is in order!
Was considering Blyth, but I'm thinking that is just too early yet.
I will leave a. Post after this weekend's adventure.
Any ideas when the cats will be abundant at Blyth this year?

Viejo
02-26-2016, 07:46 AM
Have you thought about calling the little store that sells bait, beer and sodas at Silverwood. They should have some intell

seal
02-26-2016, 08:41 AM
Water level is dropping way down, lower than it was earlier in the year but I don't think it is going to be low for too long. No big turn on of the bite yet, typically it will get better by mid March or a little later, water temp last time out was low 50's.

Peppa_Jack
02-26-2016, 09:59 AM
I called the wood yesterday, they said the water has dropped because they are fixing something. But the levels should come back up by the end of the week.