PDA

View Full Version : Good fishing spots in lake arrowhead? (ill be staying in meadow bay)

chongdawoon
02-23-2016, 12:56 PM
Hello everyone,

Im planning on staying at a house in meadow bay in the middle of march and the homeowner is giving me a membership pass to fish the lake. I was wondering if meadow bay is a good place to fish for trout and if so, am i allowed to fish the docks?

If not, any other good places in the vicinity where i could catch some trout? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Viejo
02-23-2016, 01:17 PM
Couple things. As you know, Lake Arrowhead is a private lake with access only to residents. You'll have a pass so you are good. There are no public docks per se. The docks around where you are staying are all privately owned and maintained. As you friend where are the docks that you can fish. If you just show up on a locals dock, they'll let you know about it pretty quick. Also, there is a private lake patrol that may or may not request to see your fishing pass if you are on the lake. Meadow Bay is as good a place as any to fish depending on the water levels. There are trout, bass and carp in the lake in good quantities. Catching one of them is up to you.

seal
02-23-2016, 01:32 PM
Fishing and going out on the docks in general is a no no.

chongdawoon
02-23-2016, 01:57 PM
Couple things. As you know, Lake Arrowhead is a private lake with access only to residents. You'll have a pass so you are good. There are no public docks per se. The docks around where you are staying are all privately owned and maintained. As you friend where are the docks that you can fish. If you just show up on a locals dock, they'll let you know about it pretty quick. Also, there is a private lake patrol that may or may not request to see your fishing pass if you are on the lake. Meadow Bay is as good a place as any to fish depending on the water levels. There are trout, bass and carp in the lake in good quantities. Catching one of them is up to you.

Thanks for the info regarding the docks. As long as I have the pass, can I generally fish anywhere on the shoreline of the lake? Also, if anyone can tell me how far I should cast out or any other fishing tips, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

flyhigh123
02-23-2016, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the info regarding the docks. As long as I have the pass, can I generally fish anywhere on the shoreline of the lake? Also, if anyone can tell me how far I should cast out or any other fishing tips, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

arrowhead doesnt really have a shoreline. if the house you are at has a dock, fish it. if not, then you maybe SOL. not really sure where you can fish without a dock or a boat. i fish from a dock and just cast it out as far as i can on a c rig with powerbait or mice tail.

seal
02-23-2016, 03:51 PM
Casting tube baits from shore between the pontoons of the docks will get you smallmouth, kinda fun like a miniature golf course.

Ssortasober
02-27-2016, 05:03 PM
You have the pass, try fishing to the left of the McDonalds

John Harper
02-28-2016, 07:30 AM
All I saw was carp, near the McDonalds. This was a few years ago, people were feeding the carp french fries!

I'm not even sure they regularly stock Lake Arrowhead.

Good luck.

John

btsponge
02-28-2016, 10:25 AM
Hi there,

I've had access to the lake for a few months now and it's been a dream. Lots of fish and much better quality than other places like big bear. The average trout have been running 17-20". I have a kayak so I'm not a shoreline expert, but I always see guys catching fish south of Tavern Bay Beach Club. You can park there and walk south and fish where the docks end using power bait. I know there is a public dock near the ALA building, but I don't know how good it is. If you talk to the guys at the tackle shop in the village they can give you the latest info.

Good luck!

chongdawoon
03-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Hi there,

I've had access to the lake for a few months now and it's been a dream. Lots of fish and much better quality than other places like big bear. The average trout have been running 17-20". I have a kayak so I'm not a shoreline expert, but I always see guys catching fish south of Tavern Bay Beach Club. You can park there and walk south and fish where the docks end using power bait. I know there is a public dock near the ALA building, but I don't know how good it is. If you talk to the guys at the tackle shop in the village they can give you the latest info.

Good luck!

Once again, thank you everyone for the detailed answers? Sorry for posting so many questions, but I was wondering if anyone could give me info on the following (I tried google, but to no avail):

1) Does the lake close for fishing, or can you fish there all night if you want?
2) Is night fishing for trout any good there? Anyone try it?

Thanks