PDA

View Full Version : Trying to catch a bass...

twin22s
02-19-2016, 08:14 PM
Hypothetically speaking if I was to be in big bear this weekend and all I had was a bass rod and a pocket full of robo worms, senkos and various styles of hooks and weights where and how would be my best bet to catch a "green trout"?
my first thought was the rocks of the doughnut or one of the small jetties. I'll be on foot....

DEVOREFLYER
02-19-2016, 08:30 PM
Still early in the season but if any are in shallow it will be late in the day on west facing banks., water is still cold.

twin22s
02-20-2016, 10:34 AM
I heard the smallies bite pretty good this time of year, what technique would be most effective? DS, T-rig, wacky small senko, shaky head...

DEVOREFLYER
02-20-2016, 11:39 AM
I heard the smallies bite pretty good this time of year, what technique would be most effective? DS, T-rig, wacky small senko, shaky head...

Damn I forgot about the Smallies. I have always used a small Senko, small tube or small creature type plastic fly lined and fished very very slow. Did I say very very slow.

Albert B
02-20-2016, 01:22 PM
Green Valley lake actually gas a good bass population, but their kinda small. I caught a few 1/2-1 pounders there fishing for crappie. Still might be frozen though.

parkermann2
02-20-2016, 06:44 PM
The bass fishing usually doesn't pick up til April-may. Doesn't mean you can't catch them now

twin22s
02-20-2016, 09:40 PM
Well I hit 3 spots along the north shore. Saw 2 trout caught on PB and inflated crawlers. Water in the east end was dirty, lots of ice still on the west end. I did find a promising looking spot in the middle below some lake houses that had some deeper water but no bites for me. Fished from 2-5pm with a senko, DS and shaky head.