PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood Marina 2/19/16

basstard2013
02-19-2016, 05:20 PM

Got to the lake around 12pm. Fished a couple deep water spots before the main channel with no luck. The wind and current were a bit too strong to keep the float tube steady. Moved over to the marina around 3pm. 1st cast to the rip-rap caught this one on a 1/2oz football jig, green pumpkin with a matching beaver style trailer. Left at 4pm.

iPhish
02-19-2016, 05:26 PM
Nice job. Thanks for the quick report. Any word on how striper fishing is at the Wood?
---Mike

basstard2013
02-19-2016, 06:29 PM
Not sure about the Striper bite.

gamekiller
02-21-2016, 11:11 AM
football jig or a dropshot?? somethings fishy....either way, congrats

Gobigal
02-21-2016, 02:56 PM
To all Silverwood "regulars":

A little off the subject. I was out there January 29th fishing LMB in the main channel when my boat's "cranking" battery died and my motor would not turn over. Guess I left the console light on overnight and it ate-up the charge. Did not have my tools to cross to my trolling motor battery which was fully charged (lesson learned). Anyway, made my way back to the launch ramp using my trolling motor and was able to wade into the water and get my boat onto the trailer. Unfortunately, I believe my cell phone slipped out of my sweatshirt front pocket and went into the lake. It happened on the far end of the dock (left side looking toward lake, closest to the marina). Must be in about 6-8 feet of water. Lost all photo's and videos of family and friends, but the most important was a video of my mother sitting in her wheelchair talking up a storm which she rarely did cause of her Alzheimer's, one week before she passed. I really don't care about the value of the phone but the SD card in the phone, just hoping I can get back.

Talked to the marina staff and there was nothing they could do other than to call me if someone happens turns it in. I was hoping of all hopes if they occasionally "dredge" the ramp, or if divers check the docks for maintenance?

If anybody has info on someone I can contact who could possibly check the ramp/dock for my lost phone, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Big Al

basstard2013
02-22-2016, 09:54 AM

This was the jig

sumodnb
03-05-2016, 04:24 PM

You can see that the dropshot rig is in the holder secured with some kind of baitkeeper so he obviously caught it on his other rig which is out of the shot.

Stinkbait
03-05-2016, 07:16 PM
To all Silverwood "regulars":

A little off the subject. I was out there January 29th fishing LMB in the main channel when my boat's "cranking" battery died and my motor would not turn over. Guess I left the console light on overnight and it ate-up the charge. Did not have my tools to cross to my trolling motor battery which was fully charged (lesson learned). Anyway, made my way back to the launch ramp using my trolling motor and was able to wade into the water and get my boat onto the trailer. Unfortunately, I believe my cell phone slipped out of my sweatshirt front pocket and went into the lake. It happened on the far end of the dock (left side looking toward lake, closest to the marina). Must be in about 6-8 feet of water. Lost all photo's and videos of family and friends, but the most important was a video of my mother sitting in her wheelchair talking up a storm which she rarely did cause of her Alzheimer's, one week before she passed. I really don't care about the value of the phone but the SD card in the phone, just hoping I can get back.

Talked to the marina staff and there was nothing they could do other than to call me if someone happens turns it in. I was hoping of all hopes if they occasionally "dredge" the ramp, or if divers check the docks for maintenance?

If anybody has info on someone I can contact who could possibly check the ramp/dock for my lost phone, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Big Al

Get a friend with a waterproof go pro camera and check it out. Someone on here may help you out.