PDA

View Full Version : Peck road Park

sumodnb
02-13-2016, 08:57 PM
Hit the hole thursday afternoon in between work and welding class around 2 - 430. Air temp was in the 90's, super hot... saw wolfpacks of med size males roaming in about a foot of water, would not even look at a crank or spinnerbait...almost got one to go on a watermelon IKA, but got impatient and worked the bait a bit too much and spooked him. By the time I figured out they were feeding on bugs and crawdads it was time to go to class..... pretty frustrating, but it was nice to see fish up shallow.

TUNAVIC
02-14-2016, 08:43 AM
Cool,it's been a while since I hit that spot,it's kinda close,I'm in Whittier,thanks for report.

Cya Tuna Vic

Albert B
02-14-2016, 09:36 PM
Whats a good spot to fish there i might try it

Mister Twister
02-14-2016, 10:46 PM
Walk straight west from lot. You will explore from there and find the spots. Limited access. The best spots are closed.

Ifishtoolittle
02-15-2016, 12:24 AM
The best spots don't have water in them.

BALLERONBUDGET
02-15-2016, 08:58 AM
never caught I fish there .. tho I recon every now and then....; surprisingly h20 is actually more clear there this week than Hansen dam or santa fe dam!! those have 1/8 film of algae on entire lake surface... looks stagnant in a bad unhealthy way.

just fish with an insurance policy if u know wat I mean.. . a couple homeless camps In the bushes, steep declines , and lots places where no one passes by incase sh** happens to u there ; definitely need a mtn bike to recon entire shoreline its actually decent sized lake with lots of potential

Mister Twister
02-22-2016, 08:31 PM
The best spots don't have water in them.

I fished there from 70 to i guess 1995. AWESOME LAKE,clear water. Full of fish. Spinnerbaits cranks mann jelly worms. Some fat 12" gills. There's blue cats in there to. Saw a couple fish die offs. Now that I think about it been there and bass are a hard bite. Try pit across the street.

sumodnb
02-24-2016, 09:22 PM
Was thinking about it. Mister Twister, pm'd you sir.

Ifishtoolittle
02-24-2016, 09:58 PM
I fished there from 70 to i guess 1995. AWESOME LAKE,clear water. Full of fish. Spinnerbaits cranks mann jelly worms. Some fat 12" gills. There's blue cats in there to. Saw a couple fish die offs. Now that I think about it been there and bass are a hard bite. Try pit across the street.

Got any pics of your past trips from there to share? I've heard good things about the lake, but hardly ever any proof to back it up. lol and I'm good with the other pit. It's not my kind of fishing style if you know what I mean.

sumodnb
02-25-2016, 06:51 PM
Cool,it's been a while since I hit that spot,it's kinda close,I'm in Whittier,thanks for report.

Cya Tuna Vic

No problem brother... I don't know if you are down for the drive but Fairmount is Blowin up right now, just thought I'd pass it on. Good luck.