PDA

View Full Version : Pre-spawnin'

BradyG
02-07-2016, 07:35 PM
...as Stinkbait requested. Respectable dude.

Good times.

LBass1
02-07-2016, 08:44 PM
The bite was terrible. Maybe 2 pounds at the most. No fish stacked. No pre spawners. Fish are still deep. If the bite was even good this is the last place to say it. Burning your own spot you fish everyday. Keep buyin those jigs and tell people there are no more because you buy them all. Way to go super star

HuskerRod
02-08-2016, 12:55 PM
Nice to see a good report from DVL....hear nothing from that place. Im not much of a shore (and snake) hopper but I got to get out there by boat..rentals be damned.

BassinPLS
02-09-2016, 10:13 AM
Nice to see a good report from DVL....hear nothing from that place. Im not much of a shore (and snake) hopper but I got to get out there by boat..rentals be damned.

It good to see a fishing report, (good or bad), on the DVL link. The previous 15 postings have been sales at LCBT!

youronecastshort
02-09-2016, 02:04 PM
Don't worry guys I already read the report and it's nothing new to a DVl local. Here it is 1/4 - 1/2 Oz jig find Isolated rock pile about 20-30 ft out work it slow and wait for the tap tap and swing. Oooopppps did I do that. It's only fishing people.

parkermann2
02-09-2016, 04:36 PM
Don't worry guys I already read the report and it's nothing new to a DVl local. Here it is 1/4 - 1/2 Oz jig find Isolated rock pile about 20-30 ft out work it slow and wait for the tap tap and swing. Oooopppps did I do that. It's only fishing people.

Who cares if 5 times the amount of people are going to be fishing your spot? I mean it's only fishing.

etucker1959
02-09-2016, 06:36 PM
Who cares if 5 times the amount of people are going to be fishing your spot? I mean it's only fishing.
Will that really happen????? Just because something sounds logical doesn't mean it's true!!!! If it was true, wouldn't a disinformation campaign be the way to go. If they were really biting on Rock Piles, report the fish are on Shad schools in deep water. Get everyone who is stealing your information from FNN to go on Wild Goose chases. After a while nobody would care what you said!!!!!!! lol

Stinkbait
02-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Great bite on the blue power bait at the 2nd east dam staircase. Epic does not do the bite justice.

parkermann2
02-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Cut chovies with a 12 foot rod as far as you can cast. Caught a ton of huge yellowtail at DVL the other day with this method

HuskerRod
02-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Ughh...first good DVL post in weeks and Im not even sure if it was a legit good post or not...ughhhhh

youronecastshort
02-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Don't worry its easy.... keep your back to the water cast up hill the baby dolphins are chomping these chatter bait right off the rocks and brush piles

seal
02-10-2016, 01:59 PM
Glad the drama is back at DVL. It's quiet in my neck of the woods.

etucker1959
02-10-2016, 02:02 PM
Don't worry its easy.... keep your back to the water cast up hill the baby dolphins are chomping these chatter bait right off the rocks and brush piles
You guy's are having a little fun with what I wrote. (that's cool) But I do have a serious question!!!! How many Rock Piles does DVL have in 20-30 feet of water??? The reason why I ask, that sounds to me a pretty vague description of a spot or spots in the lake the size of DVL.

youronecastshort
02-10-2016, 02:13 PM
You really wanna know is no there aren't many rock pile left the lake is so low that we are almost fishing a silt bottom

etucker1959
02-10-2016, 02:32 PM
You really wanna know is no there aren't many rock pile left the lake is so low that we are almost fishing a silt bottom
Ok, so that was valuable information put out.

DarkShadow
02-10-2016, 02:53 PM
etucks,

Aren't you the city park catfish guide?

What you doing on the DVL section?

etucker1959
02-10-2016, 03:05 PM
etucks,

Aren't you the city park catfish guide?

What you doing on the DVL section?
If you really most know, I did want to share my disinformation idea where it might be most useful. We all know that Bass and Trout stream anglers are the most protective anglers of their spots. (the spring spawning season is just around the corner) It can be argued that disinformation is one of mankind's most valuable tools in keeping secrets. Think D Day Europe, the Allies made the Germany's think the landings were going to be in the pod of Cali instead of Normandy. By being successful the Allies saved 10 of thousands of lives and shortened the war!!! I always wondered why people would get mad at someone for saying anything about a certain fishing spot. When all's you have to do is put a few bogus reports out there and have people chasing their own tails. So the next time a real report comes out with tooo much information. The kind of people who would use that information for their own selfish use, "WOULD THEN DISREGARD ALL THE INFORMATION THAT'S PUT OUT THERE!!!!" It just so simple, "I don't know why other people didn't think of it!!!!!"

DarkShadow
02-10-2016, 03:23 PM
If you really most know, I did want to share my disinformation idea where it might be most useful. We all know that Bass and Trout stream anglers are the most protective anglers of their spots. (the spring spawning season is just around the corner) It can be argued that disinformation is one of mankind's most valuable tools in keeping secrets. Think D Day Europe, the Allies made the Germany's think the landings were going to be in the pod of Cali instead of Normandy. By being successful the Allies saved 10 of thousands of lives and shortened the war!!! I always wondered why people would get mad at someone for saying anything about a certain fishing spot. When all's you have to do is put a few bogus reports out there and have people chasing their own tails. So the next time a real report comes out with tooo much information. The kind of people who would use that information for their own selfish use, "WOULD THEN DISREGARD ALL THE INFORMATION THAT'S PUT OUT!!!!" So simple, "I don't know why other people didn't think of it!!!!!"

You add a few spaces there and your post reads just like your old nemesis, the message board mosquito, hookd. Normandy? Allies? The War? Jesus H. Christ....

Is there anything else you wanted to add in regards to fishing DVL in the Spring or are you going to ramble on?

Wanna catch pre-spawn bass at DVL? Set yourselves in waters that are adjacent to spawning territories, whether they be points adjacent to big coves, or stream beds that lead into coves. Start at 30 feet, with the lightest jig possible, that you can still control/feel with your outfit. For me, that's usually 1/4 ounce tungsten finesse jig, including the trailer. If you start catching bucks, step back a dozen feet or so and see if the females are right behind them.

Once you find the correct depth and structure, you should be familiar with the entire lake (GPS maps, structure maps, etc) to find similar structure.

Once you find the depth and structure the fish are feeding at, then it's time to run the gamut to find out what baits they're gonna eat. They may be focusing on smaller baits which is when the drop shot may be broken out, or they may be seeking baits that have a bigger profile. This is when trailers become important, because trailers give the appearance of a big bait, without having to chuck a 3/4 ounce jig out there like you're fishing for lingcod.

Since I've given the board advice for DVL during the spawn, perhaps I'm gonna get blacklisted like eTucker has in our local city park arena.

HuskerRod
02-10-2016, 05:51 PM
Dammit Shadow their you go again. Actually providing useful information on a "fishing site that is supposed to provide".............useful information.

You know their are guys out there keeping real quiet that are slaying fish in rentals absolutely hoping and praying that DVL never opens to private boats again.

Stinkbait
02-10-2016, 07:26 PM
Ughh...first good DVL post in weeks and Im not even sure if it was a legit good post or not...ughhhhh

You didnt like any of my winter reports?
I thought they were good.
I know you are a owner, but you should check a rental out at the lake.

HuskerRod
02-10-2016, 08:00 PM
Stinkbait...my memory aint what it used to be. I stand corrected. Your reports were excellent. But dang.....the dvl board used to be nonstop action..shore guys...swimbaiters....trollers..tourni guys..trout guys...rental guys...now its darn right lonely

DarkShadow
02-10-2016, 08:02 PM
, but you should check a rental out at the lake.

Oh Husker Rod.

I'll let you respond to this....

HuskerRod
02-10-2016, 08:07 PM
Oh Husker Rod.

I'll let you respond to this....
I wonder if old #29 is still in the fleet. But my fav was the rental you had with the gapping hole in the front. I kept my eye on you guys and the old dallas cowboys jacket all day for a possible sinking ship rescue.

DarkShadow
02-10-2016, 08:12 PM
I wonder if old #29 is still in the fleet. But my fav was the rental you had with the gapping hole in the front. I kept my eye on you guys and the old dallas cowboys jacket all day for a possible sinking ship rescue.

Hey, apparently you can't catch fish on a rental.

(Cept the 100 fish days, of course )

HuskerRod
02-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Hey, apparently you can't catch fish on a rental.

(Cept the 100 fish days, of course )

My best was only 50 on a day that was 110 degrees in the shade if you could find it with gail force wind crshing over the bow. Nope...np bilge just a sponge and bucket

Stinkbait
02-10-2016, 08:26 PM
The only thing I can speak to is the Johnsons still running strong. Two left. All the rest are now mercs. I prefer the Johnsons. Hit or miss with the mercs with the exception of one or two. Fresh welds and patch strips on most of the seams of the rental fleet.

I was shore fishing it in its hay day or shortly after.

DarkShadow
02-10-2016, 08:30 PM
My best was only 50 on a day that was 110 degrees in the shade if you could find it with gail force wind crshing over the bow. Nope...np bilge just a sponge and bucket

We all miss those days.

Thats why we grin with the "new" DVL reports.

Where's Kwin?

HuskerRod
02-10-2016, 08:39 PM
I remember back in the day they were white Johnsons...no mercs. I saw a guy one time on a rental scanning to his left. His buddy was scanning to the right. Unfortunatly no one was looking straight ahead as they drove straight up onto the shoreline and right out of the lake with five foot of clearance from the back of the boat to the lake. After some head scratching they got the boat off dry land and back in the drink. Heck..they even got their full deposit back..no damage

HuskerRod
02-10-2016, 08:40 PM
We all miss those days.

Thats why we grin with the "new" DVL reports.

Where's Kwin?

Their was a biologist even before Quinn that was the dvl guru. I forgot his name but he had big plans for DVL.

DarkShadow
02-10-2016, 10:09 PM
Their was a biologist even before Quinn that was the dvl guru. I forgot his name but he had big plans for DVL.

Yeah, Guisti high tailed it when he had a chance.

Hard to give an interview when you say your biggest goal is to eliminate stripers from invading, and a few years later the stripers invaded.

Id high tail it too and leave others to clean up the mess. I wouldn't blame him either.

hookdfisherman
02-11-2016, 01:17 AM

You add a few spaces there and your post reads just like your old nemesis, the message board mosquito, hookd.

so, you don't like how my posts read?

i get that, D umb S.

But tell me, what do you think of my critique of that expensive net you're so proud of?

you remember it, the one you're proud enough to show off with those pics ?! (but not proud enough to show it off in gen disc where our conversation about it lives? (seems like you're a little ashamed of it now that the defect has been mentioned to ya). lol

but

that's right, you are the forum police squad unit that makes sure to remind everyone where everything belongs. thanks for that! we certainly need it. yeah, better not show those bad engraving pics everywhere. after all they're already in forum, Photos & Videos, My New Net - Sierra-Nets, right where they belong. (don't go looking at this net either, you wouldn't want to see it, besides it's not something D umb S cares to be too boisterous about any longer anyway).

good thing i looked over here to find you talking about me. but in the future, if you wanna bad mouth me? try to keep it in the section it's supposed to be in, can ya even do that since you are the nazi post police? :LOL:

you do know that the dremeling (better google this one, if you can't figure it out, lol) of your net for the engraving with a .030" spiral-flute router bit @ 60,000 rpms is flawed, RIGHT?

maybe the bit was bent... pent? penned? benned? lol

oh sorry, my bad, it was probably the Touching up of the edges with a modified spiral carving bit that effed it all up!

too bad, i feel for ya, dude! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::Idiot:

how much did ya pay for that sparkly net?

hope it was A lot less than the dumb phucks spending money on the Hindenburg-ish Trump campaign!

but as you insinuated, there's a sucker born every minute!

Atta boy, D( umb ) S( hit )!

oh, maybe you suckered me into taking the low road, when i said i was going high... dammit! ya got me!

lol

one last thing, you're missing the point like my ol' nemesis also does...

Feel free to post ur comments regarding GMan's net in the thread where it resides.

it's not GMan's (greg's?) net anymore! you paid for the dang thing! it's your net now! (he (greg?) was able to unload that thing on your D umb A zz ---- LOL) you get it?

it's your flawed, low quality engraving but structurally sound wooden framed fly fisherman trout net!

the net you bought with (piggly) wiggly lines and edges.

the expensive net made outta that heavy log you love soooo much, lol. what did you say? it was black? too? and it brought a smile to your face? (and probably the tingles up your leg?)

btw, since you wasted all your cash on that cosmetically unappealing net, you probably can't afford a scrolling mouse til ya save up... so, i purposely didn't use a lot of spacing.
i want to make sure your lazy a zz reads my whole post!
lol
please feel free to yang the crap outta me, you poor sucka!
but if you don't yang me back... i'll just figure you didn't read this whole thing... as opposed to you being a puuhsy and not wanting to comment about your huge cash outlay on a crapey *** trout net.

hookdfisherman
02-11-2016, 07:10 AM

Geeze puck

What'd you do to piss off the dumb shi so much?

That is one angry pen ed he sent your way...

Poor little guy needs to chillax.

Maybe he should go catch a trout or something. ..

Oh wait, that just might not work at the moment :Bath:

HuskerRod
02-11-2016, 08:20 AM
Im not sure if we are making progress or not, but we did get a DVL thread go to multiple pages. That hasnt happened in quite some time

hookdfisherman
02-11-2016, 08:54 AM

Im not sure if we are making progress or not, but we did get a DVL thread go to multiple pages. That hasnt happened in quite some time

i tripped on the high road over some ugly a zz net someone left on the trail. (it was brand new, guess he didn't want it for SOME REASON...)

but, seems i fell off a cliff and almost died.

luckily, the paramedics revived me, i came back to my senses...

thanks to D umb S

Brent
02-11-2016, 09:19 AM

Amen Rod. maybe there's hope???....Oh wait, apparently there's an idiot obsessed with a net that he did not buy that he doesn't like.
Sorry, I digress.

HuskerRod
02-11-2016, 12:44 PM
Would someone please claim their lost net?? I got mine..I think. Ill double check in my boat when I get home.

But four pages is a good thing. At least people are at least checking in. This thread and the deals at Last Chance Tackle are keeping the DVL section alive and barely kicking.

Ive got next week off and will go out and write a report to end all reports on DVL to make up for lost time. I am not even sure what to expect when I get over the hill....water, no water, etc. Is it closed Monday and Tuesdays??

GdHkSet1
02-11-2016, 09:49 PM
Would someone please claim their lost net?? I got mine..I think. Ill double check in my boat when I get home.

But four pages is a good thing. At least people are at least checking in. This thread and the deals at Last Chance Tackle are keeping the DVL section alive and barely kicking.

Ive got next week off and will go out and write a report to end all reports on DVL to make up for lost time. I am not even sure what to expect when I get over the hill....water, no water, etc. Is it closed Monday and Tuesdays??

Rod, Believe they are closed on Mon & Tues.

TTT
02-12-2016, 07:45 AM
Cut chovies with a 12 foot rod as far as you can cast. Caught a ton of huge yellowtail at DVL the other day with this method

lol. yeah i caught a coho there on a spawn sac last week

hookdfisherman
02-12-2016, 05:14 PM

oops, sorry D umb S

that expensive but defective inlayed net of yours lies in:

"FORUM"

Photos and Videos

My New Net - Sierra-Nets

Started by DarkShadow, 01-21-2016 03:57 PM
(darn it D umb S hi, where's the post police when you need em? oh you were "reverse" deflecting, lol, i get it!!)

everyone should take a gander at this FLAWED piece of work (i mean chit)...

see what, like, hundreds of dollars will get ya when ya got donkey blinders and you think you're a purist fly fisher DOOD!!!

lol

A River Runs Through It...

DOOD!

...NOT!

hookdfisherman
02-14-2016, 04:12 AM

oops, sorry D umb S

that expensive but defective inlayed net of yours lies in:

"FORUM"

Photos and Videos

My New Net - Sierra-Nets

Started by DarkShadow, 01-21-2016 03:57 PM

Check it out!

I been searching high and low for years to find this baby, this gem, my mantra for spending all my life in search of the elusive wily clever dood-like ever observant of the human mind and "fb like" consolation prize sucka fishy.

I never thought I'd be able to get my hands on one of these after admiring other people's high toned extra expensive (aka rip off) fish capturing device.

Landing fish was such a drag without having da best that money can buy... ya'all know what I'm talkin bout... the all inclusive... net!

It's critical to only use one that you can afford (in lieu of a scrolling mouse) and looks perfect stretched across mid-back with a neodymium magnet, only a purist couldn't live with less...

Here she is...

Are ya ready, DOOD?

maybe, getch yer sunglazzies for deese... I mean diise...

Lol...

Have ya ever seen such beauty?

A heavy black log? No comparison no chance no way no how.

I love her.

Reminds me of a girl I used to know... pinkie mesh what a sweetheart she was ( ohhh and on valentine's day too!)

Mmm mmmm mmmm!

All it takes for you other guys to have her? A can o pink spray paint. Just memba, my baby is original, I bought right off the shelf...

All you udda guyz? Would be Modified and NOT original! Sssorry!

D umb S remember the parentheses rule, ok? ( it means ya don't have ta read it, k?)

Baja1ab
02-14-2016, 10:32 AM
WTH does any of this garbled nonsense have to do with fishing at DVL? :Off Topic:

Number1topgun
02-14-2016, 11:09 AM
WTH does any of this garbled nonsense have to do with fishing at DVL? :Off Topic:

I've been trying to figure out what it's been saying for a few days now....

P.A.W.
02-14-2016, 02:13 PM

Nothing. Reminds me of some of the automotive oriented forums (Hondas mostly). Kids practicing distance pi$$ing.

hookdfisherman
02-14-2016, 02:16 PM

It's complicated. Just follow the parentheses rule for everything. The story is just too long...

DarkShadow
02-16-2016, 02:46 PM

So you're not the only one.

Apparently some user on FNN has gotten their hands on a good batch of the Blue and they're spending their 2 am's posting 'garbled nonsense.'

And it's not only you either. A few other posters have realized that 2 am benders are common with this guy. Don't do meth, kids. I mean, who responds to their own post?

The response to this post will be priceless too. It'll be as confusing as his other posts. Oh, and check out how many times his post is edited. But I'm his newest target. So have fun with this guy following me across the board. And no, crazy is not complicated. Your original sentiment is probably the most correct.

hookdfisherman
02-16-2016, 02:51 PM

So you're not the only one.

Apparently some user on FNN has gotten their hands on a good batch of the Blue and they're spending their 2 am's posting 'garbled nonsense.'

And it's not only you either. A few other posters have realized that 2 am benders are common with this guy. Don't do meth, kids. I mean, who responds to their own post?

The response to this post will be priceless too. It'll be as confusing as his other posts. Oh, and check out how many times his post is edited. But I'm his newest target. So have fun with this guy following me across the board. And no, crazy is not complicated. Your original sentiment is probably the most correct.

how's your net holding up?

hookdfisherman
02-16-2016, 02:54 PM

how's your net holding up?

lol

DarkShadow
02-16-2016, 03:06 PM
Point proven, ladies and gents.

Who lol's at their own post?

5150 candidate?

hookdfisherman
02-16-2016, 04:50 PM

Point proven, ladies and gents.

Who lol's at their own post?

masterful trap there D umb S

ya got me AGAIN!!!!

i did not see it, dang, stepped right into that...

omg, what trap will ya get me with next????

probably one not as lucrative as Greg got you with...

lol

i know! name your love-net the Post Hindenburg-esque Disaster. it fits!!!!

oh, were ya able to send yer net back to gman for the upgrade? for the nominal fee of $2.49, gman sells pink spray paint to all dissatisfied suckers!

you should probably take that repair upgrade, otherwise you're gonna have to look at those many many metal inlay defects for years to come...

* has gman seen my evaluation of your net? yet? i can call him for you if you're too em bare assed, lol!

you may need my lawyer too, i have a good one!

look at my thread killa post, i got something in there for ya too!

but, imma (and all of us) have ta wait for a response cuz i wouldn't want to "go" (post) outta turn, them damn post cops are everywhere!

DarkShadow
02-16-2016, 05:05 PM
More babbling.

Heisenberg must have shown up early today.

hookdfisherman
02-16-2016, 05:12 PM

More babbling.

Heisenberg must have shown up early today.

mr white?

lol

yah

u and tuck puck...

tv........ sheesh.

lol

good one!

Lady Quagga
02-16-2016, 05:43 PM

"It's" is a good way to refer to Mr. Hookd.

He had a net that molested him in his youth, thus he's now a bit perturbed and now he lashes out randomly on message boards.

Do not judge.

DarkShadow
02-16-2016, 05:50 PM
"It's" is a good way to refer to Mr. Hookd.

He had a net that molested him in his youth, thus he's now a bit perturbed and now he lashes out randomly on message boards.

Do not judge.

Oh man.

Did he receive....

The handle end?!

BentRod
02-16-2016, 06:26 PM
hookd you douche

DarkShadow
02-16-2016, 08:43 PM
hookd you douche

Hey, meth is a very special drug.

Dont call him out on what he cant control.

hookdfisherman
02-16-2016, 08:56 PM

Hey, meth is a very special drug.

Dont call him out on what he cant control.

ok ok

i won't call you out on the quality of the metal work in that net (i know you had no control over that outcome either)

btw, thanks for defending my addiction... We used a different chemical process for our rock candy, but it is every bit as pure.

DarkShadow
02-16-2016, 09:08 PM

ok ok

i won't call you out on the quality of the metal work in that net (i know you had no control over that outcome either)

btw, thanks for defending my addiction... We used a different chemical process for our rock candy, but it is every bit as pure.

A'ight meth boy.

Whateva you say.

hookdfisherman
02-16-2016, 09:14 PM

A'ight meth boy.

Whateva you say.

that's right! lol

phantom 34
02-16-2016, 09:49 PM
Wow
Meth is some bad stuff....