PDA

View Full Version : SARL Update

jjbergie11
02-03-2016, 10:50 AM
New to the area, new to the site. Anyways checked SARL for the first time yesterday was looking for my 73 dollar fishing ended up with nothing unfortunately. Two men next to me ended up with six, one lightning and one 15lb right before the man in the truck drove around saying the lake was closing. They were using orange mouse tail. Looked like a fun lake online, maybe I'll have to check it out after a stocking.

Quick question, why are all the big trout tails look like they have been chopped?

sandtrout
02-03-2016, 02:42 PM
Probably because they're in a stocking pen with concrete walls and they wear 'em down and it also happens to the regular "stockers" too. Usually, wild trout have full tails. Of course, this is my opinion.

jhernandez25
02-03-2016, 03:28 PM
New to the area, new to the site. Anyways checked SARL for the first time yesterday was looking for my 73 dollar fishing ended up with nothing unfortunately. Two men next to me ended up with six, one lightning and one 15lb right before the man in the truck drove around saying the lake was closing. They were using orange mouse tail. Looked like a fun lake online, maybe I'll have to check it out after a stocking.

Quick question, why are all the big trout tails look like they have been chopped?

Wow 73 dollars you mist have taken someone :-), No worries I have been skunked there a few times its all a matter of going out there and trying different things, I was there Friday on my boat (which was an adventure in itself since it was my first time launching a boat) pretty sure the people near the boat launch were recording hopping something would go wrong luckily nothing major went wrong did forget to put the plug in but likely remembered before i had turned on the outboard. You said your new to the area did you transfer for work ??? I usually try to make it out there at least twice a month when i dont have military training so if you ever want to meet up to slay some trout just let me know you can find me on Facebook by Angling Army :Fishing Hole:

Mr T-rex
02-03-2016, 03:32 PM
Wow 73 dollars you mist have taken someone :-), No worries I have been skunked there a few times its all a matter of going out there and trying different things, I was there Friday on my boat (which was an adventure in itself since it was my first time launching a boat) pretty sure the people near the boat launch were recording hopping something would go wrong luckily nothing major went wrong did forget to put the plug in but likely remembered before i had turned on the outboard. You said your new to the area did you transfer for work ??? I usually try to make it out there at least twice a month when i dont have military training so if you ever want to meet up to slay some trout just let me know you can find me on Facebook by Angling Army :Fishing Hole:

Nice brother lol everyone had their phones out ready to record ??
how did you finish ??

jhernandez25
02-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Nice brother lol everyone had their phones out ready to record ??
how did you finish ??

It felt that way, hey first boat first launch I think over all it went good :-) well I got a big O :Skunk: but not letting that stop me should be out again Friday the 12 if all goes well, but the boat might be a while until I can take some one on board who give me some pointers of fishing from a boat :-) and launching it and retrieving it :-). On the other hand I do have a 11 ft inflatable boat that am taking next trip so in case fishing is slow for the first few hours am going to cruise around the lake and try my luck.
Have you been out lately??

Mr T-rex
02-04-2016, 10:29 AM
It felt that way, hey first boat first launch I think over all it went good :-) well I got a big O :Skunk: but not letting that stop me should be out again Friday the 12 if all goes well, but the boat might be a while until I can take some one on board who give me some pointers of fishing from a boat :-) and launching it and retrieving it :-). On the other hand I do have a 11 ft inflatable boat that am taking next trip so in case fishing is slow for the first few hours am going to cruise around the lake and try my luck.
Have you been out lately??

Hey man a bad day of fishing is always better than a good day at work.
Iv'e honestly only had success catching trout once fishing from a boat, usually going for catfish would be better in my opinion
I haven't been out in almost a month stuck at the office and haven't had the chance to sneak out