PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 1/27/16

NFCD I
01-27-2016, 04:55 PM
We arrived at the lake at 5:45AM. What a surprise, there wasn't another car or boat in line. We got on the water and wet our first line at 6:20AM. I caught a 2-3# striper on the 1st cast. Then John caught one from the back of the boat. Within the next few minutes we each had another. At 6:45AM the bite was done. We spent the next couple of hours trying to find the LMB. We not only couldn't find them, we didn't see any cruising the edge of the tullies. We gave up on the LMB and pulled out the umbrella rigs and trolled for a couple of hours for nothing.
The lake if full and the water temp is 52 degrees. Air temp was a balmy 41 degrees in the early morning.
We were off the lake at 11:00 with just the 4 stripers for taco's.

P.A.W.
01-27-2016, 07:01 PM
Gee, a whole 20 minute window to catch your fish. Good on you though. I'm sure you did better than most today.

NFCD I
01-28-2016, 06:50 AM
Gee, a whole 20 minute window to catch your fish. Good on you though. I'm sure you did better than most today.

There's pretty good odds that we did better than most yesterday. There were only three boats on the entire lake. One rental, one white boat that trolls fly's. I'm betting they did better than us, and an aluminum Bass Tracker that fished, POACHED, all morning around the marina docks that is clearly marked as a "No Fishing Zone".

JAG107
02-01-2016, 10:42 AM
Your experience is pretty similar to mine over there. Get a quick couple, get excited, then before you know it the bite's done and you have no idea if/when it will turn back on. Good that you got your taco meat instead of a skunk!

NFCD I
02-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Your experience is pretty similar to mine over there. Get a quick couple, get excited, then before you know it the bite's done and you have no idea if/when it will turn back on. Good that you got your taco meat instead of a skunk!

When you fish Skinner on a regular basis, you get use to the taste of skunk. I use a lot of garlic.