PDA

View Full Version : Spectra Extreme Braid

Caliyak
01-19-2016, 09:26 PM
I bought this braid from Amazon. This stuff is from China. I've read both good and bad reviews. Anyone use this stuff?
I got the 10lb for my spinning reel for t rig.

flyhigh123
01-19-2016, 10:33 PM
should be fine. i use it for my sw 65lb and havent had any issues.

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
01-20-2016, 06:55 AM
Luv braided line. The diameter, no stretch, cuts through weeds and kelp, reel spool capacity, and doesn't need to be replaced as often as mono or any other type of line.
I mostly use Power Pro Braid, but have used a couple brands made in China. 6, 10, 20, and 30 lb braids from China seem to be ok but I'm not willing to chance having inferior line
while hooked into a big Bluefin tuna!
There are many different braids made overseas, especially in China. Check eBay, very inexpensive and with FREE shipping.
Good Luck.

TTFM

Nuoc Mam
01-20-2016, 07:08 AM
Never used that stuff before. Like TTFM said, if you're going after big game, I wouldn't take a chance with brands that I never fished before. Don't want to be hooked up to a fish of a lifetime and have the braid fail. But with that said, even stuff made in the USA isn't 100% bulletproof either.

Good luck out there.

DarkShadow
01-20-2016, 10:44 AM
I've only used this stuff:

http://sunline.co.jp/english/products/braided/sw_cast_away_pe.html

titos334
01-20-2016, 05:24 PM
The spectra extreme braid is fine, it's just way way thicker than powerpro, izor, jbraid etc

Caliyak
01-20-2016, 07:46 PM
Thanks for replies. I will be out on Sunday to try it out. I've been reading that this line and power pro are the same line- spectra line. PP adds a coating and this company did not. So how can one braid be better if they come off the same spool? The black Chevy Silverado is better than the red one?