PDA

View Full Version : 1/14/16 Tried again

P.A.W.
01-14-2016, 01:58 PM
Lake is almost full pool and 51*. Water ranges from nice and clear to kinda stained. I had heard about a mid-week trout plant so I started in the east end trolling my BBZ and throwing a topwater for nada. Headed for the main lake and hit a chunk 3 or 4 pounder pretty quickly. I thought "finally, things are turning around" but it was not meant to be. Trolled all over and hit the inlet as well. Finally I decided to hit the newly flooded tullies for LMB. I found numerous little packs of 1 1/2 to 3 pounders but I couldn't get them to commit. I've spent the last couple years on stripers so my Bass game is way off. So, that's it. No skunk but no LMB.

GdHkSet1
01-14-2016, 08:53 PM
Pat, those stripers can hear your pitch of your prop far across the lake - here comes the retired guy again, lets get out of here! Ha
you'll nail em next time. Thanks for the report, cya out there.

NFCD I
01-15-2016, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the report Pat. A friend of mine and I fished from 11:00 until close on Wednesday. We were fired up when we arrived at the lake and were told they had stocked the day before at ramp 1. If they stocked, they didn't put very many trout in. Normally for a couple of days you can see trout swimming around the area they were released. We didn't see one trout.
We fished for LMB for the 1st couple of hours with no luck. Like Pat, we saw a lot of fish at the edge of the tullies, but couldn't get them to cooperate. We gave up on them and trolled A-Rigs for stripers for the balance of the day without success.
My first trip of the year ended like the last trip of 2015. If the wife wants fish taco's, she'll have to go to Rubio's.

P.A.W.
01-21-2016, 02:32 PM
Today was kinda interesting. I told NFCD not to bother with the inlet as I tried it every trip for the last 3-4 weeks. He hit the water a few minutes before I arrived and against my advice he headed right for the inlet. Yup, 1st cast fish on. Figures. True enough the area was not a hot zone. It gave up 2 fish and then shut down. I trolled my butt off and got a couple short strikes but locating bait was really tough. By 10:30 I was ready to give up and headed back in but I went over my 3rd string waypoints. VOILA! Came across what TO calls "The mothership of death". A huge bait ball the size of Seattle. I was able to troll up a few and just as fast as it appeared, it was gone. Both NFCD and I hit up some tullie areas but neither of us caught or even saw any largemouth. So, no skunk today but not an easy day either.