PDA

View Full Version : fist fish of the new year

madbass
01-11-2016, 12:44 PM
hit my local hone hole and it produced.
read up on how to catch bass in the winter and the most of the articles advised using jerkbaits, so i did.
I've had these jerkbaits for almost 8 years and never used them until Saturday and glad i kept them.
got about 6 fish, nothing really big...the biggest went 3.56 lbs. but i was stoked to learn a new method and more so catching my limit.
it was cold and didn't think the fish would bite but they did...here are the pictures...did manage a spinnerbait fish once the sun came out...always fun on a spinnerbait. the bite was lethargic as you can imagine with the cold weather the fish weren't too aggressive. cant wait to do this again.

enjoy the pictures.

ela
01-11-2016, 10:33 PM
hit my local hone hole and it produced.
read up on how to catch bass in the winter and the most of the articles advised using jerkbaits, so i did.
I've had these jerkbaits for almost 8 years and never used them until Saturday and glad i kept them.
got about 6 fish, nothing really big...the biggest went 3.56 lbs. but i was stoked to learn a new method and more so catching my limit.
it was cold and didn't think the fish would bite but they did...here are the pictures...did manage a spinnerbait fish once the sun came out...always fun on a spinnerbait. the bite was lethargic as you can imagine with the cold weather the fish weren't too aggressive. cant wait to do this again.

enjoy the pictures.

Hi Madbass,nice fish on the jerkbaits. Did you pause for a long time with the jerkbait?

madbass
01-12-2016, 09:51 AM
Hi Madbass,nice fish on the jerkbaits. Did you pause for a long time with the jerkbait?

i paused long at times, about 10-sec, and other times only 3 seconds...the bites mostly came when i paused for about 5-secs.
whats funny is that when i hooked a fish, there was always a 2 or 3 fish following it trying to grab the bait out of his mouth.