PDA

View Full Version : Something Fishy going on @ the wood!

Durdy Daug
01-09-2016, 06:44 PM
Well don't that grab your attention! Well what's Fishy ain't only that the fish are very shy, but it appears as though the anglers are too. Only seen a few boats out there today, the water temp was a balmy 46.5°… Trolled a couple of "U" rigs till I lost one fishing it on lead core. Can't say that it was a bad day though, I did manage 2 not so big stripers, and 1 nice fat cat. Weather was on the cold side, especially when the wind came around, but it has been a whole lot colder. Hoping that the fish start to bite soon, they stocked trout on the 4th? I didn't see any, but I really wasn't looking either! Well that puts another day in the book. Plannin to get out there and try for better success tomorrow!

JAG107
01-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Did u get your stripers on the U Rig? At least you caught something! I was stuck at work today, so I was yet again unable to come out and freeze with y'all.

Durdy Daug
01-10-2016, 06:48 AM
No, nothing on the rigs, was metering what I think we're fish @ 40 to 100 feet, don't think I could get down that far, I rolled over them,made the turn and passed over again, nothing! Caught the 3 fish playing the bait and wait game. Can't get out today after all, the wife over ruled my plans... Oh well, got to make sure that she's happy or else everything else sucks. New plan is for next weekend, depending on the wind of coarse!
In the long run at least I got the skunk to stay off of me. I was driving down the pass, got lit up by the CHP, started to pull over and they got alongside and announced over the PA "STAY OUT OF THIS LANE! I was in #3 lane, just thinking of getting home for a hot bath... a ticket would have put a sour note on the day! Thank you for the break officer!!!

pastorsheldon
01-10-2016, 08:52 AM
No, nothing on the rigs, was metering what I think we're fish @ 40 to 100 feet, don't think I could get down that far, I rolled over them,made the turn and passed over again, nothing! Caught the 3 fish playing the bait and wait game. Can't get out today after all, the wife over ruled my plans... Oh well, got to make sure that she's happy or else everything else sucks. New plan is for next weekend, depending on the wind of coarse!
In the long run at least I got the skunk to stay off of me. I was driving down the pass, got lit up by the CHP, started to pull over and they got alongside and announced over the PA "STAY OUT OF THIS LANE! I was in #3 lane, just thinking of getting home for a hot bath... a ticket would have put a sour note on the day! Thank you for the break officer!!!

That happened to me one time on the way up. Sacred me to death when I hear him. It was still dark and I had no idea he was beside me.