PDA

View Full Version : Planning on fishin the wood this weekend - any advise / recommendations?

Durdy Daug
01-07-2016, 07:01 PM
Well, I've been following the weather reports and they predict light winds out at the wood, lighter on Sunday, and a little more on Saturday - but Saturday there is a rather good chance of some rain! I bought some really nice rain gear, so the rain does not concern me, in the summer and I think the spring last year I had more bites in the rain than on the calm sunny days. Anyone have any predictions / information in support or opposition?

Dci4me
01-07-2016, 08:31 PM
I will be out there in the morning hucking big swimmies. I'll let you know how it goes.

P.s. Is this Daryl? If so, this is Mike, I fished your back seat a couple months ago for a few hours.

ela
01-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Well, I've been following the weather reports and they predict light winds out at the wood, lighter on Sunday, and a little more on Saturday - but Saturday there is a rather good chance of some rain! I bought some really nice rain gear, so the rain does not concern me, in the summer and I think the spring last year I had more bites in the rain than on the calm sunny days. Anyone have any predictions / information in support or opposition?

Hi Durdy Daug,This is Sam, Good luck on Saturday! Oh Bring some jerk baits.

Durdy Daug
01-08-2016, 05:59 AM
Yup it's little ole me! Fish in the dead twitch huh? Did they stock? There is room Saturday if you wanna join me.

Durdy Daug
01-08-2016, 06:52 AM
K, plannin on trolling around the "U" rigs as well. Wondering if they stocked since December 15th? Plannin on trolling with both lead Cora as well as a freight spectra to the u rigs.

Durdy Daug
01-08-2016, 07:34 PM
Any news from your adventures today?

Dci4me
01-10-2016, 05:43 PM
Sorry for the late reply. Got real busy with family the last couple of days. I fished the punker and dead twitch for about 4 hours Friday morning for nothing. I didn't see any bass cruising or stripers boiling. No surface action anywhere. I saw about 4 trout caught right next to the launch on jigs, and that was it.

I saw on the board that trout were stocked on the 4th, and while I was there, the park staff was supposedly told a guy fishing next to me that the lake was going to get stocked that morning as well. That would mean 2 stocks in one week. Stock truck never came while I was there, or the rest of the day. Why would the staff be saying that? Try to boost weekend attendance?

karlow
01-12-2016, 12:27 PM
That was our plan a few weeks back, We got zip on the rigs, and a couple on the LC. most of the fish metered were below 35ft. Too deep for my rigs. If you want the numbers bait and wait. If you want the quality, hope the inlet is running and swing for the white water!

seal
01-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Sorry for the late reply. Got real busy with family the last couple of days. I fished the punker and dead twitch for about 4 hours Friday morning for nothing. I didn't see any bass cruising or stripers boiling. No surface action anywhere. I saw about 4 trout caught right next to the launch on jigs, and that was it.

I saw on the board that trout were stocked on the 4th, and while I was there, the park staff was supposedly told a guy fishing next to me that the lake was going to get stocked that morning as well. That would mean 2 stocks in one week. Stock truck never came while I was there, or the rest of the day. Why would the staff be saying that? Try to boost weekend attendance?

There were 2 stockings on Monday of last week, one first thing in the AM the other later, both were small trucks and small trout.

Durdy Daug
01-12-2016, 06:00 PM
Nice, I'm ordering an electric down rigger for my new boat. Should be ready to fish it in about 2 weeks or so.