PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Lake ??

johnnyraptor
01-07-2016, 11:12 AM
Any news if Irvine lake is stocking or if it's open?

Thanks in advanced.

JAG107
01-07-2016, 01:52 PM
I don't know myself. Best way to find out is to call the lake and ask, the roads are usually wiped out after a big storm, so you may have to hike wayyyy in. I haven't heard squat about stocks in a long time. I don't think they're stocking weekly anymore, unless someone can contest that?

Limit Time
01-07-2016, 01:53 PM

Thanks in advanced.

No more stockings. They are closing down. Unlimited trout and catfish bounties. Last stocking was Thanksgiving. You are going after holdovers now. It will be tough.

DarkShadow
01-08-2016, 02:00 PM
No more stockings....It will be tough.

Wait, you mean to tell me I'm supposed to fish for fish that haven't been recently stocked?!?

Limit Time
01-08-2016, 02:41 PM
Wait, you mean to tell me I'm supposed to fish for fish that haven't been recently stocked?!?

Yeah, go out there and give me your report. It is more like fish for fish that aren't there @ $24.00 a pop. You must be one hell of a fisherman.

Hitts0n
01-13-2016, 02:43 PM
Yeah, go out there and give me your report. It is more like fish for fish that aren't there @ $24.00 a pop. You must be one hell of a fisherman.

Then I must be that dam good! I get average of 3 trout and 6 catfish every trip I go. And I caught a big wiper about 3 weeks ago. Just gotta do some real fishing
instead of fish finders and stocked fish.

Good luck !:Cool:

DarkShadow
01-13-2016, 03:26 PM

Judging from your screenname, Limits is what you look for. Why not visit 99 Ranch? You'll get trout for the pound in lower margins that it takes to get into Irvine.

I chase largemouth at Irvine. Don't know the last time they stocked those, but I remember the last time I visited, it was pretty wide open. I must be one hell of a fisherman.

Soooo...i take it you're one of those that chases the hatchery truck, eh?

Here's some sage advice: Try catching trout with tails. It'll change your world, and most likely place you into some nicer lookin spots than good ole Santiago Canyon.

reservoir dog
01-13-2016, 04:09 PM
Why not visit 99 Ranch?

Fishing license not required.

DarkShadow
01-13-2016, 04:44 PM
Fishing license not required.

And lots less than $24.

JAG107
01-13-2016, 05:07 PM
I saw "lightning trout" at 99 Ranch once. $3.49/lb I think. They were on ice, gutted with heads on.

Limit Time
01-13-2016, 09:32 PM

Thanks in advanced.

Its up to you Johnyraptor whose words you want to follow. These other guys are looking for a pissing match. If you believe there is good fishing there try it...but if it is action you are looking for I would pass. I am just a novice compared to Hitts On and Dark Shadow so you might ask them to guide you. I don't stand a chance against those pros. Obviously, they get a little sensitive if you tell the truth about Irvine but they have vested interests with those people, having sponsored tournaments and fund raisers over the years. The reality is Irvine is closing and shutting down and the crowds there are backing up my information. No fish = No fishermen. I guess you could still target bass and catch fish but for me it is trout season. For now, I will go to 99 ranch -no fishing license required and fees are reasonable.

Theos
01-13-2016, 10:52 PM
I saw "lightning trout" at 99 Ranch once. $3.49/lb I think. They were on ice, gutted with heads on.

They sell them at Armen market in Altadena also.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/armen-market-pasadena

iPhish
01-14-2016, 09:36 AM
Guys get a clue..... Like I've been telling you since January 2015 Irvine Lake is closing and going outta business. Let's see if we get some new management and ownership in the near future. Otherwise it's a waste of money fishing that mud bowl now!
---Michael

goodguy
01-14-2016, 11:41 AM
Guys get a clue..... Like I've been telling you since January 2015 Irvine Lake is closing and going outta business. Let's see if we get some new management and ownership in the near future. Otherwise it's a waste of money fishing that mud bowl now!
---Michael

Not if your'e a bass fisherman.....

Limit Time
01-14-2016, 04:36 PM
---Michael

My sentiments exactly iPhish. I tried to give Johnny Raptor" an answer to his question and they turn this thread into an issue dealing with truck chasing and 99 ranch. It is a waste of money if you are targeting trout and that was the original question; "are they stocking or open"? Irvine is not running a business they are closing down a business and trying squeeze every last penny. Not stocking since Thanksgiving is a far cry from when they used to stock weekly. It has nothing to with truck chasing. It's just not a good place to fish right now. :Sad::Sad:

troutdog
01-18-2016, 10:42 PM
Not if your'e a bass fisherman.....

or if you like chasing the kittys....this was new years day

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/troutdog_photobucket010/kittysvine_zpstpzfnbix.jpg (http://s275.photobucket.com/user/troutdog_photobucket/media/troutdog_photobucket010/kittysvine_zpstpzfnbix.jpg.html)

TD

etucker1959
01-19-2016, 08:40 AM
or if you like chasing the kittys....this was new years day

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/troutdog_photobucket010/kittysvine_zpstpzfnbix.jpg (http://s275.photobucket.com/user/troutdog_photobucket/media/troutdog_photobucket010/kittysvine_zpstpzfnbix.jpg.html)

TD
Nice catch!!!!! Did you have to hike very far or dangerously to get there???? lol

E.A.R.G.
01-19-2016, 09:38 AM
hats off to you "Limit Time" for handling that well. Don't know why those "pros" have to act all hard and tough cause they fish LMB. Fishing snobby is the worst snobby. Its just fishing guys chilllllllllllllllllllll. Simple science- stocked trout fishing without actually stocked trout is a bad deal lol

troutdog
01-21-2016, 08:11 PM
Nice catch!!!!! Did you have to hike very far or dangerously to get there???? lol

I guess that depends on what you consider far or dangerous :Wink:

TD

Hitts0n
02-03-2016, 09:17 AM
Noobs crying about fishing at Irvine LMAO ! Just get out there and hunt for them instead of chasing the trucks !

etucker1959
02-03-2016, 09:38 AM
Noobs crying about fishing at Irvine LMAO ! Just get out there and hunt for them instead of chasing the trucks !
Never pick on Noobs!!!!!!! WHY you ask?????????? Because they keep the Lakes and the Boats in business!!!!!!! If only skilled fishermen showed up at pay lakes or Party boats they soon would go out of business. Noobs pay bills!!!!!!!!

sandtrout
02-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Never pick on Noobs!!!!!!! WHY you ask?????????? Because they keep the Lakes and the Boats in business!!!!!!! If only skilled fishermen showed up at pay lakes or Party boats they soon would go out of business. Noobs pay bills!!!!!!!!

I made a 4x6 card years ago...first time showing it...

-90% of all the fish are in 10% of the water
-90% of all the fish are caught by 10% of those fishing
-10% of the people who fish and the other 90% assholes with a rod
-All of the assholes are needed to pay 90% of the stocking fees for all of the fishermen to catch fish.

DarkShadow
02-05-2016, 03:17 PM
I made a 4x6 card years ago...first time showing it...

-90% of all the fish are in 10% of the water
-90% of all the fish are caught by 10% of those fishing
-10% of the people who fish and the other 90% assholes with a rod
-All of the assholes are needed to pay 90% of the stocking fees for all of the fishermen to catch fish.

There you go noobs.

Stop paying for other people to catch your fish and learn how to fish in a non put-and-take environment, so that at the end of the day, the 10% aren't pointing at and laughing at you, considering you just spent your hard earned money for them to catch your share of the fish, while you're going home skunked.

Well put, sandtrout.

etucker1959
02-05-2016, 11:48 PM
There you go noobs.

Stop paying for other people to catch your fish and learn how to fish in a non put-and-take environment, so that at the end of the day, the 10% aren't pointing at and laughing at you, considering you just spent your hard earned money for them to catch your share of the fish, while you're going home skunked.

Well put, sandtrout.
On the partyboats for exotics I call them Cannon fodder!!!! Most of the time they stay up in the bow away from everyone, they never catch much but their presence and their money is gratefully appreciated. lol Same logic different environment.