PDA

View Full Version : Prado 1-5-2016

sevenout
01-05-2016, 07:14 PM
Decided I was going to hit my local lake today rain or shine. Dressed for worst after watching Dallas' weather report the night before. Got set up at 0745, no rain yet. About an hour later it arrived

After seeing a couple of boils near the shore I recast to about 15 to 20' from the bank and got my first one on the Peach Salmon. Nice two pounder! 10 minutes later got hit on my other rod, same bait, again close to the bank, another 2#. Slowed a bit so I cast out further and caught my third. Don't know what type of trout the county are stocking but they sure liked to jump! Ran me up and down the shore as well.

Kind of nice being the only one fishing the lake today. Around 1100 was getting a bit too soaked so I called it a day. Looking forward to trout fishing there for the next couple of months until I switch over to Bass.

TUNAVIC
01-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Nice rain session,wtg!

Cya Tuna Vic

vortec_cruiser
01-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Now that's a dedicated fisherman. Fish seem to bite well in the rain. :Thumbs Up:

ato316
01-07-2016, 09:39 AM
nice to see you did good at prado, if i remember right the county was getting their trout from jess ranch and your right for a 2lb fish they are pretty strong, i had a couple of them jump up trying to shake the hook off.