PDA

View Full Version : How do you spell"Vengeance" - "got one"!

Durdy Daug
01-01-2016, 06:49 PM
Went out this morning and fished till "Trout Only" packed it up for the day. Met TO this morning, nice humble man. He gave me a couple of pointers and I ended up spending most of the day at my usual spots, hooked9 fish for the day and of the 9 hookups I managed to land 6. Not too bad for me as I have been skunked the last 3 trips! I was getting worried that the wife was gonna have something about my lack of productivity, well the stink is finally off, at least for today. Gonna give it another try in the morning. The weather was cold this morning, but thankfully no wind at all. Water temp hovered around 47°.

JAG107
01-02-2016, 04:26 PM
Glad you caught some. Keep at it man. If you're gonna troll, you wanna be going over 2MPH. Try it out for a couple hrs at 3.5, see if you have any luck. Try out the scrounger fluke setup. Cheap and deadly at the wood. I've never fished it when its this cold, so I don't know what to expect bite-wise, but it always works for me the rest of the year. Thanks for the reports!

Durdy Daug
01-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Fish the scrounger on hardcore? Or straight to mono? I don't have a down rigged on my new boat, only on the old boat. Went out today again, got 5 bites, of the 5 I only managed to land 1! Not good odds, 3 I totally missed with delayed hook set and the 4th broke the line. Left the lake @12:00, water temp started out at 46.3° than warmed up to 47°. Like a fool on crack, I'm addicted and therefore gonna hit it in the morning once again!
Kinda like crack, it's getting rather expensive, with the entry and launch fees as well as $40,00 a day in fuel, but much less damaging!
Well when it comes to addictions, fishing is the best I have had to deal with in my crazy life...

JAG107
01-02-2016, 07:46 PM
Fish the scrounger on hardcore? Or straight to mono? I don't have a down rigged on my new boat, only on the old boat. Went out today again, got 5 bites, of the 5 I only managed to land 1! Not good odds, 3 I totally missed with delayed hook set and the 4th broke the line. Left the lake @12:00, water temp started out at 46.3° than warmed up to 47°. Like a fool on crack, I'm addicted and therefore gonna hit it in the morning once again!
Kinda like crack, it's getting rather expensive, with the entry and launch fees as well as $40,00 a day in fuel, but much less damaging!
Well when it comes to addictions, fishing is the best I have had to deal with in my crazy life...

Fish the scrounger on leadcore, with a 20' leader of 10-15lb test mono or flouro. Flouro is better. I get bit better on downrig, but the leadcore will work too. Get an assortment of zoom flukes in different colors and sizes, and keep trying til one works. Some days they like different ones better than others.
Dude have you looked into the Poppy Pass? As often as you seem to be going, that may be a good idea for you, $220 up front but it covers your launch and vehicle fees ($20/day right?). After 11 trips its paid for. It's good for 13 months from date of purchase, so if you buy it tomorrow, it expires the end of Jan '17 (I think, maybe even Feb.). Ask about it at the gate next time you go.

Durdy Daug
01-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Nice, will do that in the morning!