PDA

View Full Version : Official: California snowpack at 136 percent of normal

webmaster
12-30-2015, 12:52 PM
Associated Press |
ECHOE SUMMIT, Calif. (AP) — Officials in drought-stricken California say the water content of the Sierra Nevada snowpack has measured 136 percent of normal for this time of year.
Frank Gehrke of the Department of Water Resource said Wednesday he is encouraged by the manual measurement taken Wednesday in the Central Sierra, which includes Lake Tahoe.
http://imagec18.247realmedia.com/RealMedia/ads/Creatives/default/empty.gif (http://ads.bhmedianetwork.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/mcdowellnews.com/news/us/ap/1613531955/BottomLeft/default/empty.gif/72466d4d646c61455138414141493865?x)

However, he says the parched state has a long way to go before the drought is over.

Gehrke says the measurement marks an improvement over the previous survey taken in April, when no snow was found at the site.

Gehrke's survey followed an electronic measurement last week that put the water content of the snowpack at 112 percent of normal.

Even more snow has fallen since then.

murrieta angler
12-30-2015, 01:49 PM
Good,
I was just basically threatened by my water provider for using too much water outdoors.
I have no backyard grass and water my small front yard 3 days a week for 4 minutes a day?!?
They also won't tell me how they monitor indoor water use from outdoor water use on one (1) line?!?
Robert
<><

Kingfish Addict
12-30-2015, 07:02 PM
Thats great news. We'll see if this whole El Nino thing plays out as advertised...nothing is a guarantee. We may get dumped on, we may not. Mother nature will decide.

simijab
01-28-2016, 10:16 AM
Good,
I was just basically threatened by my water provider for using too much water outdoors.
I have no backyard grass and water my small front yard 3 days a week for 4 minutes a day?!?
They also won't tell me how they monitor indoor water use from outdoor water use on one (1) line?!?
Robert
<><

Hey Robert I actually work for a water department so I might be able to help with that. Im not sure if your area has been put on a watering schedule but I know that the area that I work in has and we do patrols early morning to catch people watering when they aren't supposed to. Also we get a ton of people calling in on their neighbors to report them for over water. They usually send the complaints in with pictures to validate their complaint. There is no actual way for us to check but other systems have already installed what is called an AMI meter reading system. this allows companies to basically see when water is being used and how much. For instance if you water your yard at 2 am we can see that water is being used for a certain amount of time and also see the amount of water being used (how many gpms). The amount of water flowing thru a sprinklers system is anywhere from 2-5 times the amount that you be flowing thru your shower or our sinks. Based on all these things is how they come up with the info. If your water company does have a AMI system they can basically tell you every time you take a crap lol

shinbob
01-28-2016, 10:59 AM
If your water company does have a AMI system they can basically tell you every time you take a crap lol

Ha, just tell them you're not actually watering your lawn, you've just been eating Del Taco breakfast burritos every day at 2am.

pcuser
02-20-2016, 09:29 AM
2 more feet this week...