PDA

View Full Version : Trying it again wanna go?

Durdy Daug
12-28-2015, 06:34 PM
Well I'm gonna hit the wood again in the morning, as I fish alone generally I invite company to join me in getting skunked... Well obviously not always skunked, but that possibility always exists. If things go well in the morning, I plan on a repete Wednesday as the wind is forecast to be low... never catch fish in the wind. Any tips out there? Will give a report when I get home tomorrow!

Jig-Guy
12-28-2015, 06:52 PM
GOOD LUCK and stay warm. I will be looking for your future report.

Durdy Daug
12-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Well as promised, here is the report on today's fishing at the wood. Note that I phrased it "FISHING" water temp was 48.1° air temp was much lower, my line literally froze to my guides. I paid good $ for some "Darn good" socks, wore 2 pairs... Feet froze! I was able to manage 1 bite out of 9 hours fishing, but I didnt set the hook good enough... basically farmed my only chance to beat the skunk... Well gonna go out and try to redeem myself tomorrow. The lady at the gate said there is a possibility of a trout stock sometime tomorrow or possibly on Thursday. Anyone out there know about what time of the day they usually stock? I want to throw my deps 250 into the mix.

karlow
12-29-2015, 07:23 PM
We will be their in the AM with Jim.
Trying not to freeze and hoping for some fresh tail!

MillsapBoyz
12-29-2015, 09:27 PM
That sucks. We're planning on going out tomorrow too.

Durdy Daug
12-30-2015, 05:12 AM
I'm gettin ready now, be out in 20.

Piss on Myspace
12-30-2015, 05:40 AM
Hey there dd. Spoke with my buddy but unfortunately its a no go on the boat. Wifey wouldnt let him spend that much after the holidays...Thanks tho for the info and timely responses. Whack em dead today. Should be a beautiful day. Gluck

flyhigh123
12-30-2015, 11:34 PM
this time of year, i like to fish sardines, fly line and car rig... look for them deeper, 30+ good luck!