PDA

View Full Version : Lake Tahoe Was Flooded With 6.4 Billion Gallons of Water in 24 Hours

webmaster
12-23-2015, 07:42 AM
More than 6 billion gallons of water have poured into Lake Tahoe in less than two days, helping the lake begin to recover from four years of crushing drought.
Since midnight Monday, the lake has gone up 1.92 inches, the equivalent of 6.39 billion gallons of water, according to the National Weather Service. The water comes as a winter storm slams the Sierra, bringing several feet of snow to higher elevations and rain at lake level, which sits at roughly 6,223 feet.

The lake—the second deepest in the United States behind Oregon's Crater Lake—was hit hard this year by the drought. Over the summer, the lake was shockingly low. Many boaters were unable to get their crafts into the lake after waters pulled back from most boat launches.

RiverWalker
12-23-2015, 02:35 PM
Thanks for sharing. That's great news! Keep it coming. We have a lot of catching up to do!

More than 6 billion gallons of water have poured into Lake Tahoe in less than two days, helping the lake begin to recover from four years of crushing drought.
Since midnight Monday, the lake has gone up 1.92 inches, the equivalent of 6.39 billion gallons of water, according to the National Weather Service. The water comes as a winter storm slams the Sierra, bringing several feet of snow to higher elevations and rain at lake level, which sits at roughly 6,223 feet.

The lake—the second deepest in the United States behind Oregon's Crater Lake—was hit hard this year by the drought. Over the summer, the lake was shockingly low. Many boaters were unable to get their crafts into the lake after waters pulled back from most boat launches.

TUNAVIC
12-24-2015, 11:07 AM
Cool,hope to hear that kind of news around here!

Cya Tuna Vic

Natural Lefty
12-29-2015, 03:35 PM
I just commented about all the precipitation around there on another thread. Hopefully, El Nino is kicking in, but it seems to be starting farther north. I have a brother who lives at South Lake Tahoe who has been posting photos of all the snow around there. I am surprised so much water went into the lake -- I thought it was all coming down as snow.