PDA

View Full Version : slow day

JDS13
12-20-2015, 12:21 PM
Went to the Silverwood this last Wednesday it was cold in the the morning down in the 30's, winds out of the north to 4 mph, water temp 58 and sunny. Things looked good but only managed one little striper for the day that my pops reeled in. Did see some cool wild life in addition to seeing a little bobcat catching a coot along the waters edge and taking it back to the bushes. We also saw some people catching some stripers at the inlet. Only bad thing for the day was someone had taken out my drivers side light on my trailer which I was definitely pissed about. The guy/gal didn't even have the guts or intestinal fortitude to leave a note or anything. Probably saw the Marine Corps stickers on my vehicle and got scared, some people man!!!

Durdy Daug
12-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Wow I was there today as well, freaking cold, fished the inlet and the quarry. Only got 1 small striper to bite. Bought the 100 MPH gloves from BPS, but they did little to keep my hands warm. Met a couple of guys fishing at the buey line / inlet. They were commenting/speculating if the "Durdy Daug" was gonna show up today?
Small world... cause... there I was! Water temp when I looked was 49.3°. I'm wondering if the wind and rain of yesterday turned the fish off.
Anyone have any ideas about when the "catching" should pick up? Couldn't even pick much up on my electronics.
I'm quite lucky I guess to be able to park in the handicap parking stall, really don't need any more repair bills. Sucks that they didn't even have the courtesy to leave a "sorry" note at least. There were only a few of us out there today... can't fathom how or why they had to get so close to you to hit your trailer!

seal
12-20-2015, 04:11 PM
Early spring, even the big ones get frost bite soon although flurries will still occur if you are there on the right days.

JDS13
12-20-2015, 05:43 PM
I'm going to have to put rubber baby buggy bumpers on my trailer next time.

seal
12-20-2015, 06:04 PM
I'm going to have to put rubber baby buggy bumpers on my trailer next time.

Silverwood idiot drivers, sure wish they'd appreciate the area more. Sorry that happened to you.

MillsapBoyz
12-21-2015, 09:29 AM
It was good meeting you oat the Wood yesterday Durdy Daug, but that was about the only thing that was good. Fishing was really slow. We fished the inlet,, Miller Canyon, Outhouse Cove, and the main channel. Not even a bite. The highlight was seeing a bobcat in Outhouse cove. That was cool!

Dsrt Tortise
12-22-2015, 12:56 PM
Same thing happened to me at Perris except besides my light which they unscrewed off my trailer the bastards aldo ripped all the carpet off of my guide board on the same side as the light??///

Fuc%ing people I don't know what's happened to fisherman.

DsrtTortse. :Angry::My Two Cents:

NevadaE
12-22-2015, 04:26 PM
they are probably some inner city f#%ks. For the most part "regular" fishermen are decent folks.
Same thing happened to me at Perris except besides my light which they unscrewed off my trailer the bastards aldo ripped all the carpet off of my guide board on the same side as the light??///

Fuc%ing people I don't know what's happened to fisherman.

DsrtTortse. :Angry::My Two Cents:

Durdy Daug
12-22-2015, 05:14 PM
Well I'll say this for sure... if I ever catch the some b$?*~«©®, it will definatly be on. Hope they pack their lunch... fishing is my only remaining vise, it's what I do to keep my head on straight, and I plum can't stand stupid rude folks. There just ain't no call for all that trash. If their pissed cause they don't have a boat, they need to work harder and save their money. I have worked long and hard to get where I am today, lots of sacrificing through the years!