PDA

View Full Version : 14' Aluminum Boat for sale... this does not look good....

dixoncider
12-18-2015, 05:33 AM
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/5362784694.html

Limit Time
12-18-2015, 06:10 AM
I agree. All Signs are showing for a shut down of the Lake. They just advertised "No Limit Trout and Catfish" stringers, along with giving up on the boat rentals to sell them. That tells you they are not going to stock anymore trout and it will be a matter of time before the door closes. How sad, one of the greatest venues being shut down. Maybe the county will take over and do the same thing they are doing at LNL. Stocking pretty decent fish and just requiring a license. Fingers crossed!

twin22s
12-18-2015, 08:52 AM
If they do like they have done at LNL I hope they at least let us launch private boats. that's a lot of good water that would be impossible to get to...

Stinkbait
12-18-2015, 12:17 PM
So during this fiasco, there was talk of upgrading the boats to DVL style, trolling motors, electronics etc....
That was the talk anyway.....

Yme
12-18-2015, 04:08 PM
Yup. Sure looks like it's all over for the SWD/IR concessions. Too bad everyone's going to have to fish elsewhere because of what corporate greed has done. And what poor upper managing has done too. Yet sell off the inventory to still fatten they're wallets still. Plus not stocking fish, yet charging full prices. That's not greed? SMH. As for those doubters, and you know who you are, the truth is finally coming out. You've been lied to all along. I'm sorry for blasting out like this, but you guys/supporters of the lake/management have been strung along. You just don't get it. Irvine Lake isn't going anywhere is right!!! It's a reservoir for drinking water. Helllloooooo!!! But as for recreation, I would say look for the lake to maybe open back up a few years down the road. Like last time something similar shut it down. Hope that might clear up some questions about the lake. IMO. So to all, have a blessed holiday season!!!!!!!!

HawgZWylde
12-18-2015, 06:58 PM
Yup. Sure looks like it's all over for the SWD/IR concessions. Too bad everyone's going to have to fish elsewhere because of what corporate greed has done. And what poor upper managing has done too. Yet sell off the inventory to still fatten they're wallets still. Plus not stocking fish, yet charging full prices. That's not greed? SMH. As for those doubters, and you know who you are, the truth is finally coming out. You've been lied to all along. I'm sorry for blasting out like this, but you guys/supporters of the lake/management have been strung along. You just don't get it. Irvine Lake isn't going anywhere is right!!! It's a reservoir for drinking water. Helllloooooo!!! But as for recreation, I would say look for the lake to maybe open back up a few years down the road. Like last time something similar shut it down. Hope that might clear up some questions about the lake. IMO. So to all, have a blessed holiday season!!!!!!!!

Corporate greed? How does that fit into this equation? It seems to me judging what info I have is it is more like lack of personal responsibility and laws that allow said lack of personal responsibility to turn into massive paydays for those who shun the rules. The company running the place lost millions in the subsequent lawsuit and those of you who frequented Irvine lake quite possibly may have lost your favorite fishery due to people who shun personal responsibility and get THEMSELVES killed. If it's true that Irvine lake is indeed closing, and due to the millions of dollars lost, why is it wrong to try to recoup a few pennies on the dollar? They're obviously broke so what's the big deal? Are they supposed to give those boats away too? I find it appalling how some of you enjoyed fishing this lake and the services it offered yet you stab it in the back when it gets frivolously sued into bankruptcy then would celebrate when the government would take over a private business. Sad days indeed. I fished Irvine lake as a child and have many fond memories there with my father and brother...

dixoncider
12-19-2015, 06:26 AM
This whole deal is so lame.. I love this lake.. Seems like selling the skiff's means that nothing is going to change for us boaters in the near future.. That SUCKS....

shinbob
12-19-2015, 07:40 AM
Looks like they're in a cash crunch, and scrambling to get funds to be able to pay their people through the holidays. I predict another very sad announcement early in the new year.

seal
12-19-2015, 08:52 AM

This reads like you have absolutely no clue the circumstances of why this occurred. The business was booming for many years people paid because they wanted to and to them it was worth the money.

So to all, have a blessed holiday season? Sounds sarcastic. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dixoncider
12-22-2015, 06:10 AM
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/5368485837.html

boomstikit
12-22-2015, 04:09 PM
I was talking with someone who has knowledge of what is going on and here is what I was told, the lake is going to close in January (possibly February). The people running the lake currently must have everything off the property (except the tackle shop) by closing. And the final bit of information is that the County Parks Department is going to take over operations at Irvine Lake.

Marley
12-22-2015, 05:40 PM
Soooo... is Irvine Lake becoming a county park?

JAG107
12-23-2015, 11:04 AM
Would be interesting to see if the county will allow boat launching to help raise funds. Boy wouldn't that just figure?

etucker1959
12-23-2015, 02:36 PM
Would be interesting to see if the county will allow boat launching to help raise funds. Boy wouldn't that just figure?
The County does have an option that a private concessionaire doesn't have to allow private boating back at Irvine Lake. The County can SELF-INSURE themselves. If that was the case, "think of all those big Catfish and Bass waiting to be caught." The best part is it would be for just a fraction of the cost of what it use to fish there!!!!! Of course I'm only dreaming, but dreams some times do come true.

BentRod
12-23-2015, 04:22 PM
The County does have an option that a private concessionaire doesn't have to allow private boating back at Irvine Lake. The County can SELF-INSURE themselves. If that was the case, "think of all those big Catfish and Bass waiting to be caught." For just a fraction of the cost of what it use to fish there!!!!! Of course I'm only dreaming, but dreams some times do come true.

Man, I'm dreaming with you! What bass?
:Wink:

Yme
12-28-2015, 01:00 PM
Now you all got the picture. Yaaaaaay. But etucker1959, the water district has the rights to what's put on their water. They own the water rights. County only has land rights. What a mess huh? So the way I see it, whoever takes over the concession is going to have to pay a premium price from the county and SWD. Yikes

etucker1959
12-28-2015, 02:34 PM
Now you all got the picture. Yaaaaaay. But etucker1959, the water district has the rights to what's put on their water. They own the water rights. County only has land rights. What a mess huh? So the way I see it, whoever takes over the concession is going to have to pay a premium price from the county and SWD. Yikes

When the County took back LNL from the concessionaire, "I thought it wasn't going to be very good for anyone." Boy I was totally wrong on that one!!!!! If it was left up to that NO GOOD DFG to stock the fish it would have been total Crap. But the County has really stepped up, their trying to stock every other week with the same poundage of Trout as the previous concessionaire did just not weekly. WOW!!!! and they don't charge $28 dollars to fish there any more either. Irvine lake on the other hand has so much more potential with all those resident fish that live in there compared to LNL. So I'm anxiously waiting to see what happens next!!!! It may not be as bad as people think it will be!!!!

DarkShadow
12-28-2015, 04:07 PM
So like, when can we officially start Ninja'ing the place?

Marley
12-28-2015, 04:40 PM
So like, when can we officially start Ninja'ing the place?

That's poaching!

(Sorry, couldn't resist. )

dixoncider
12-28-2015, 05:20 PM
I would guess its already happening...!

dixoncider
01-02-2016, 07:58 AM
March 31.. last day.. Man that sucks

Yme
01-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Sure does dc. Such a shame. Hey did you catch the article in WON this week? Pat hit that one out of the park about the lakes past/future!!! Finally someone who knows what's been going on with this mess.

Limit Time
01-02-2016, 05:08 PM

Where did you get this information?

etucker1959
01-02-2016, 05:14 PM
Where did you get this information?
Front page of Westerner Outdoor News!!! It's the real deal, no more living on the great river in Egypt. Denial!!!!!

According to the article in WON, they lost their lease in July and were giving their 6 month notice to vacate the premises. So they new ALL along they were going to be out March 31 2016. It is interesting to go back and look at all the smoke people were blowing up everyone arses since July!!! lol

etucker1959
01-02-2016, 06:00 PM
Maybe not!!!! As swammy etucker as been saying all along, someone else will take over the fishing concession and possibly and hopefully bring back boating to the lake. According to the article in WON, the fishing and storage is a cash cow that the County wants to milk. (land costs money to maintain) So that old expression might be coming true, "take one step back and then go take two steps forward."

Marley
01-02-2016, 07:56 PM
Hopefully the County accepts the gift from the Irvine Company. OC parks are nice places and the County does a nice job of keeping them that way. Having substantial land around Irvine Lake that will remain open space is an awesome prospect for a premier park. Hopefully the County chooses a seasoned operator for their next concessionaire so we can enjoy super trout fishing there again :Wink:

jeepinkal
01-03-2016, 08:36 AM
Front page of Westerner Outdoor News!!! It's the real deal, no more living on the great river in Egypt. Denial!!!!!

According to the article in WON, they lost their lease in July and were giving their 6 month notice to vacate the premises. So they new ALL along they were going to be out March 31 2016. It is interesting to go back and look at all the smoke people were blowing up everyone arses since July!!! lol

Thanks for the info!! Would you mind linking the article? I took a look at the WON site, but don't see the article.

dixoncider
01-03-2016, 09:10 AM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb211/dixoncider1/IMG_5395.jpg (http://s210.photobucket.com/user/dixoncider1/media/IMG_5395.jpg.html)

jeepinkal
01-03-2016, 01:28 PM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb211/dixoncider1/IMG_5395.jpg (http://s210.photobucket.com/user/dixoncider1/media/IMG_5395.jpg.html)

Thanks Again! I thought they had a digital copy of the story on-line, but its not up yet.

iPhish
01-03-2016, 03:07 PM

Like I've been telling you guys they are a bunch of liars now and the info they were putting out was such bullshit because they knew die hard followers would believe them because of past history. Shame on you guys! Lied to everyone. If it smells like *****....it's sh*t! I have Been telling you this place will close by year end but all you followers kept throwing your money down into a mud bowl with stockings that were limited to hardly nothing. Don't believe the lies unfortunately $$$ ruins people especially those taking six figure salaries for years for doing hardly anything for the lake!!!
---Michael

etucker1959
01-03-2016, 03:59 PM
Like I've been telling you guys they are a bunch of liars now and the info they were putting out was such bullshit because they knew die hard followers would believe them because of past history. Shame on you guys! Lied to everyone. If it smells like *****....it's sh*t! I have Been telling you this place will close by year end but all you followers kept throwing your money down into a mud bowl with stockings that were limited to hardly nothing. Don't believe the lies unfortunately $$$ ruins people especially those taking six figure salaries for years for doing hardly anything for the lake!!!

---Michael
Apparently they felt telling us the truth in July would hurt their exit strategy of milking the last dollar out of the place. Shame on them for doing it that way. The article in WON say's the County people called the concessionaire "a bunch of wild cowboys." So don't expect any of them to be retained by the next group of people who get in there.

crappiemike
01-03-2016, 04:01 PM
it might turn out for the best,,,
lets see who gets it....

cm

muskyman
01-03-2016, 06:19 PM
I worked there from 1992-1997, back then we owned the concession for SARL and Corona too. Those were some good times. But working at Irvine was some of the best days. I always looked forward to work. Working with J.R. opening up the baitshop in the morning and keeping those coffee pots full for the guys in line. Listening to Frank yell and scream at people cause his hearing aid was off. Then helping Francis on the gate, who was always nice and happy. I can remember the noise of the gate opening and watching those cars roll in. Walking down to the dock and asking Santiago if the crappie were biting and which dock board they were located at. The lake regulars and hearing their stories. Priceless. I can still hear them now. Good times

iPhish
01-03-2016, 06:29 PM
So during this fiasco, there was talk of upgrading the boats to DVL style, trolling motors, electronics etc....
That was the talk anyway.....

And everyone who believed it.... Come on guys if you can't afford liability insurance how are you going to afford new boat upgrades! I've been telling al you guys this since the beginning of 2015!!
---Mike

etucker1959
01-03-2016, 06:56 PM
And everyone who believed it.... Come on guys if you can't afford liability insurance how are you going to afford new boat upgrades! I've been telling al you guys this since the beginning of 2015!!
---Mike
Beginning of 2015!!!!! Holy Guacamole!!! Do you have a crystal ball???? lol I'm just having fun with you, but what was your first post on the demise of Irvine lake. I want to go back and read it, just like when I'm totally bored out of my mind. I want to go back starting in July and read the posts after they discontinued private boat launching at Irvine lake. I want to see how many BOLD FACE lies were told and how many people believed it. lol

jeepinkal
01-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Have they officially announced the pending closing yet? I dont see it posted on their website.

iPhish
01-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Have they officially announced the pending closing yet? I dont see it posted on their website.

Are you kidding me! What business is going to tell you they are closing down in a few months. It's not like they are going to have a closing sale on fishing. Anyone with any business sense can figure it out however. No limit fishing on a business that makes money on Limited limit fishing! Come on guys!!! Who wants to spend time fishing a location and spend lots of money doing so only to find out all that on the water time and getting to know the fishing spots are all for nothing because it's going to close down!!! Think guys!!!

Marley
01-03-2016, 08:59 PM
I worked there from 1992-1997, back then we owned the concession for SARL and Corona too. Those were some good times. But working at Irvine was some of the best days. I always looked forward to work. Working with J.R. opening up the baitshop in the morning and keeping those coffee pots full for the guys in line. Listening to Frank yell and scream at people cause his hearing aid was off. Then helping Francis on the gate, who was always nice and happy. I can remember the noise of the gate opening and watching those cars roll in. Walking down to the dock and asking Santiago if the crappie were biting and which dock board they were located at. The lake regulars and hearing their stories. Priceless. I can still hear them now. Good times

OSI wasn't the best influence on SARL but Irvine was fun for sure. Francis was so sweet, sure do miss her.

iPhish
01-03-2016, 09:10 PM
Etucker funny you say that bro. You commented on some of my posts back then on this same subject. But here's some for your reading pleasure.

New Years 2015... Dink reports all over no stocking info. Completely different from last few years. Something is wrong and I tell irvine lake management publicly that business will suffer. http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?82654-Stocking-information&p=753401#post753401

June 29, 2015. Irvine Lake Lied directly to my and buddies about stockings!!! http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?84357-Irvine-Lake-fish-report-6-29-15&p=766382#post766382

July 2015.... Reposted what I've been saying due to private boat use and lawsuit. http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?84487-Very-important-boating-announcement&p=767427#post767427

And another http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?84492-From-the-Board-regarding-the-new-boating-policy&p=767507#post767507

And that Catfishing 101 on TV and YouTube with Sergio and Angler Chronicles. What a piece of marketing crap that was. Only thing anyone learned from that 101 program was how to cook catfish after you caught it and that Irvine lake was the place to catch them. A few minutes was actually spent on the 101 points of fishing for catfish!!! You don't do one of those unless you are desperate in business.

---Mike

dixoncider
01-04-2016, 04:19 AM
My kids and I had some of our most fun fishing trips at Lake Irvine.. They still talk about the 110 pound catfish stringer! What a great place.. sorry to see it go.. oh well.. Seems like everything good in SoCal goes away...

etucker1959
01-04-2016, 07:57 AM
Etucker funny you say that bro. You commented on some of my posts back then on this same subject. But here's some for your reading pleasure.

New Years 2015... Dink reports all over no stocking info. Completely different from last few years. Something is wrong and I tell irvine lake management publicly that business will suffer. http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?82654-Stocking-information&p=753401#post753401

June 29, 2015. Irvine Lake Lied directly to my and buddies about stockings!!! http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?84357-Irvine-Lake-fish-report-6-29-15&p=766382#post766382

July 2015.... Reposted what I've been saying due to private boat use and lawsuit. http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?84487-Very-important-boating-announcement&p=767427#post767427

And another http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?84492-From-the-Board-regarding-the-new-boating-policy&p=767507#post767507

And that Catfishing 101 on TV and YouTube with Sergio and Angler Chronicles. What a piece of marketing crap that was. Only thing anyone learned from that 101 program was how to cook catfish after you caught it and that Irvine lake was the place to catch them. A few minutes was actually spent on the 101 points of fishing for catfish!!! You don't do one of those unless you are desperate in business.

---Mike
I had fun going back and reading your posts. You were very right, you smelled something wasn't right about the place. I also had fun reading about the talk of upgrading their boats after they lost their lease. Yea right!!!! They weren't going to upgrade their boats with 6 months to go on their lease. It also makes me wonder, "was everybody in on it????" If that was the case, I won't mention any names but some peoples creditability is right in the toilet if you ask me!!!!

I do want to end on a positive note. The old concessionaire did reseed the Monster Blue Catfish population. By my calculations even if no one stocks anymore Blue Catfish, you still have another 20 years at a realistic chance of catching a Monster Blue catfish.

dixoncider
01-04-2016, 02:11 PM
I did get a few "free" entry's with the points.. Guess I dont need to carry this around anymore.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb211/dixoncider1/FullSizeRender.jpg (http://s210.photobucket.com/user/dixoncider1/media/FullSizeRender.jpg.html)

DarkShadow
01-04-2016, 03:14 PM
So when do the self proclaimed Steelhead get stocked? Isn't it about this time of year that they run up from Santiago Canyon?

JAG107
01-04-2016, 03:55 PM
I did get a few "free" entry's with the points.. Guess I dont need to carry this around anymore.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb211/dixoncider1/FullSizeRender.jpg (http://s210.photobucket.com/user/dixoncider1/media/FullSizeRender.jpg.html)

You know what, I forgot I had one of those. Wonder if they will still redeem those points, might be worth swinging by for a free burrito or burger (Fisherman's combo). I think I have 140 something points.
That really was interesting reading back, I forgot about the boat upgrades they talked about. Really classy knowing they were out the door in 6 months.
I knew right out the gate at the last opener something was off, I figured it was just the hot weather killing the bite, but it never got good for me the whole season, which is unusual because the troll is more often than not on fire between december and april. That was definitely not the case last season.
LOL@ the "Steelhead" run. I always thought it was funny they call them steelies, what does the hatchery let them out for an ocean run for a few months before they come back? Because genetically there's no difference between the Mykiss rainbows and a steelhead. One is landlocked while the other hits the saltwater before returning upstream to breed.

DarkShadow
01-04-2016, 04:09 PM
LOL@ the "Steelhead" run. I always thought it was funny they call them steelies, what does the hatchery let them out for an ocean run for a few months before they come back? Because genetically there's no difference between the Mykiss rainbows and a steelhead. One is landlocked while the other hits the saltwater before returning upstream to breed.

You mean to tell me I was swinging my spey rod all day long and all I was catching is stocked rainbow trout!?

Theos
01-04-2016, 04:25 PM
My kids and I had some of our most fun fishing trips at Lake Irvine.. They still talk about the 110 pound catfish stringer! What a great place.. sorry to see it go.. oh well.. Seems like everything good in SoCal goes away...
Gee I wonder why ? For years SoCal was the place to be, now over the last 30 years or so something has changed, what could it be ?

DarkShadow
01-04-2016, 04:39 PM
...now over the last 30 years or so something has changed, what could it be ?

I'll guess "The sun's alignment to Venus."

Did I win!?

etucker1959
01-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Gee I wonder why ? For years SoCal was the place to be, now over the last 30 years or so something has changed, what could it be ?
The carry capacity of the land has been exceeded!!!! The fairest solution should be, "the people that are the most unhappy" should leave first!!!!

dixoncider
01-05-2016, 11:30 AM

I have no idea.. but it seems like it has... oh well. I could do without the traffic thats for sure..