DEVOREFLYER
12-15-2015, 03:35 PM
Time to stop the Eco Nazi insanity.

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/bass-chopping-block-california

HawgZWylde
12-16-2015, 04:32 PM

Rated the fifth best freshwater fishery in the nation and look at all the responses on a fishing forum no less, lol. It will be a staggering loss of businesses and revenue for the Delta area if this non-sense passes. Geez, and the clown car just keeps a rollin...

Lady Quagga
12-16-2015, 05:25 PM

I see you're still pushing the same dreck you did three months ago. And so once again:

Federal bill will eradicate striped bass, other non-native fish in Bay-Delta
by: Dan Bacher
Thu Sep 17, 2015 at 17:27:06 PM PDT

Federal bill S. 1894, introduced by Senators Diane Feinstein and Barbara Boxer, would mandate the eradication of all non-native fish, including striped bass, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, catfish and other species, from the Bay-Delta Estuary, while failing to deal with the fundamental problems that have been so destructive to the estuary and our native fishes. Here is the press release from the Allied Fishing Groups:

Read More:
http://mavensnotebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Allied-Fishing-Groups-Press-Release.pdf

Clarification: It's a pilot which would sunset 7 years after project implementation. It's also one of over fifty sections in the California Emergency Drought Relief Act of 2015. It comes as no surprise to me that this is more about state water supply and distribution issues and less about true conservation.

And DEVOREFLYER, you should perhaps check your sources more carefully - Mr. Beuttler & Dr. Ostrach, two of the chief opponents of this pilot program, are a couple of those "Eco Nazis" you love referring to. Dr. Ostrach has a very specific horse in this race, as his own resume points out:

Dr. Ostrach currently maintains the only pure strain F-3 striped bass population in captivity on the West Coast of the U.S. This striped bass broodstock was created using fish captured during the Sacramento River spawning runs in the late 1980s. This broodstock is used to produce larvae, juvenile and adult striped bass vital to Dr. Ostrach’s and several other investigators research programs at UC Davis, UCSF, San Francisco State’s Romberg Tiburon Center & Moss Landing Marine Laboratory. Dr. Ostrach provides striped bass larvae and juveniles to private aquaculture and works with them to produce uncontaminated striped bass for human consumption.

Not that I have a problem with Dr. Ostrach - he's got an impressive portfolio, as does Mr. Beuttler. I also question the motives and effectiveness of this pilot program, and don't believe it is necessary for this drought relief legislation on the whole. But spare us the stupid name-calling, as it serves no purpose but to polarize folks who should all be on the same side. Shame on you, Dev.

DEVOREFLYER
12-17-2015, 11:18 AM
Quagga you are as useless as the breasts on a Boar Hog. On your old avatar you said you were a woman and could out fish anyone on something to that effect. Yet no posts of your fishing adventures or anything remotely beneficial to the fishing community are found on this forum. You are a troll and fraud and really need to get a life.

No one is trying to kill the bill but to remove the non native fish part of the bill. This bill (S 1894) while needed to assist in the long term water problems the state faces will do little to nothing to save the smelt or salmon by attempting to eradicate or decrease the Striper, Black Bass and other non native fish population.

The Striper is a world class predator fish and one of the most prolific breeders of all fish. It is insane to think they can be reasonably controlled and at what cost. The Delta is over 2000 sq miles of river, channels, sloughs and waterways. Tell me what sane person thinks you can control that much waterway and have any hope for success. More taxpayer monies spent on a seven year pilot project with no chance of success.

In spite of having the third longest coastline in the U.S., 4,000 lakes and reservoirs, 20,000 registered ponds, and thousands of miles of streams and having the largest population, California ranks dead last in per capita participation in fishing. Over the last decade, California has witnessed a serious decline in fishing participation. In fact, California is currently rated dead last in the U.S. Expensive fishing licenses, denial of access to prime fresh and saltwater fishing spots, and over regulation have all contributed to this decline and no end is in sight.

If we really wanted to solve the water issues and protect fishing in this state which the Eco Nazi’s want no part of we would cancel the high speed train to nowhere. Cancel the train and take the funds and invest in new reservoirs, increase water storage capacity exponentially and build new hatcheries.

Sportsmen in this state are under a relentless attack by the left that will not be satisfied until there is no hunting and fishing left. And by remaining quiet we let it happen, one small nibble at a time it is being taken away.

If you don’t see that you are part of the problem and not part of the solution. Quagga go fishing and quit sucking on ice cubes in 4/4 time to satisfy your social needs while posting crap.

twin22s
12-17-2015, 11:36 AM
Can someone tell me how taking any fish, native or not, out of the delta is going to affect the amount of water?

DarkShadow
12-17-2015, 01:41 PM
Can someone tell me how taking any fish, native or not, out of the delta is going to affect the amount of water?

Wasn't part of the issue that a lot of the native fish got killed in the turbines when they pumped water down south, thus the reduction of pumping, which directly affects the amount of water that gets sent south?

Stormcrow
12-17-2015, 02:44 PM
Quagga you are as useless as the breasts on a Boar Hog. On your old avatar you said you were a woman and could out fish anyone on something to that effect. Yet no posts of your fishing adventures or anything remotely beneficial to the fishing community are found on this forum. You are a troll and fraud and really need to get a life.

No one is trying to kill the bill but to remove the non native fish part of the bill. This bill (S 1894) while needed to assist in the long term water problems the state faces will do little to nothing to save the smelt or salmon by attempting to eradicate or decrease the Striper, Black Bass and other non native fish population.

The Striper is a world class predator fish and one of the most prolific breeders of all fish. It is insane to think they can be reasonably controlled and at what cost. The Delta is over 2000 sq miles of river, channels, sloughs and waterways. Tell me what sane person thinks you can control that much waterway and have any hope for success. More taxpayer monies spent on a seven year pilot project with no chance of success.

In spite of having the third longest coastline in the U.S., 4,000 lakes and reservoirs, 20,000 registered ponds, and thousands of miles of streams and having the largest population, California ranks dead last in per capita participation in fishing. Over the last decade, California has witnessed a serious decline in fishing participation. In fact, California is currently rated dead last in the U.S. Expensive fishing licenses, denial of access to prime fresh and saltwater fishing spots, and over regulation have all contributed to this decline and no end is in sight.

If we really wanted to solve the water issues and protect fishing in this state which the Eco Nazi’s want no part of we would cancel the high speed train to nowhere. Cancel the train and take the funds and invest in new reservoirs, increase water storage capacity exponentially and build new hatcheries.

Sportsmen in this state are under a relentless attack by the left that will not be satisfied until there is no hunting and fishing left. And by remaining quiet we let it happen, one small nibble at a time it is being taken away.

If you don’t see that you are part of the problem and not part of the solution. Quagga go fishing and quit sucking on ice cubes in 4/4 time to satisfy your social needs while posting crap.

quagga...LOL
collecting disability (check)
still a Hypocrite (check)
destroying cheap office chairs with her fat government sucking ***** sitting all day debating politics on a fishing website (double check)

Peace out

Lady Quagga
12-18-2015, 08:39 PM
Quagga you are as useless as the breasts on HawgZ.

Fixed that for ya - though I wish you'd spare us the issues with your love life.

On your old avatar you said you were a woman and could out fish anyone on something to that effect. Yet no posts of your fishing adventures or anything remotely beneficial to the fishing community are found on this forum. You are a troll and fraud and really need to get a life.

Ah yes, the ol' "Do you even fish?" argument. Once again, since your memory seems to be failing you with age: your posts in Gen Dis to not gain one iota of legitimacy based on whether you post fishing reports or not. As for being a fraud, I invite you to share with us what "fraudulent" claims or remarks I've made, along with the proof to back it up. Oh that's right, you can't.

A point I pretty much surmised in my original post on this topic in September.

To clarify:

(A) seek to reduce invasive aquatic vegetation, predators, and other competitors which contribute to the decline of native listed pelagic and anadromous species that occupy the Sacramento and San Joaquin Rivers and their tributaries and the Sacramento-San Joaquin Bay-Delta; and

(B) remove, reduce, or control the effects of species, including Asiatic clams, silversides, gobies, Brazilian water weed, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, striped bass, crappie, bluegill, white and channel catfish, and brown bullheads.

I cannot and will not argue the efficacy of these pilot programs. They may very well find ways of eliminating certain species, whilst reducing or controlling the effects of others. I can no more say they will be successful, anymore than YOU can say they won't be successful.

As to whether certain species prized by California anglers should be targeted: in my opinion, no they shouldn't. Which, as in my statement above, is something I suggested in September.

And this is where your argument gets stupid. This is not about partisan politics or environmentalists hell-bent on depriving YOU of your right to fish, you arrogant egotistical right-wing posturing dolt. You want to eliminate that particular portion of the bill? I'm with you. You want to have a level-headed conversation about whether our favorite fishing species should be preserved and not targeted? You've got my support. But if you're going to blather on with your "Eco-nazi" stupidity, I am going to call you out on it.

If you don’t see that you are part of the problem and not part of the solution.

On the contrary, it's you who are part of the problem, because you are so blinded by your own paranoia that you can't properly address an important topic which transcends your petty partisan politics. And so I say once again:

Shame on you, Dev.

Quagga go fishing and quit sucking on ice cubes in 4/4 time to satisfy your social needs while posting crap.

Sucking ice cubes in 4/4 time? Surely this must be a fetish you learned from your musician life-partner.

Incidentally, are you ever going to stop trying to pass off other's words (like this (http://keepamericafishing.org/action/take_action/california-fishing-license-faqs/) and this (http://keepamericafishing.org/california-issues-3/)) as your own?

Lady Quagga
12-18-2015, 08:52 PM
quagga...LOL
collecting disability (check)
still a Hypocrite (check)
destroying cheap office chairs with her fat government sucking ***** sitting all day debating politics on a fishing website (double check)

Peace out

I see you've not curbed your afternoon alcohol intake.