PDA

View Full Version : windy Saturday at the wood.

Durdy Daug
12-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Started the day with slight wind, water temp was 51.3°, went to the spill way to begin the day, there were only 3 or 4 other boats on the lake, there were none of the usual cars parked on the road in this morning, which I thought to be strange, but after about 1 or 2 hours I could see why. The wind picked up making for an already cold day even colder. Guy on my boat caught a nice cat there on sardine, then nothing for a long time so off to the quarry we went, there we lost a grip of lead as we drifted fast and kept getting caught on the Rocky bottom. We stayed at it until 15:00 then decided to pull the plug, ended with 2 cats and 1 striper small/medium sized, tried fishing Miller's as well but simply got blown out. Water temp was 53.4°at the end of the day.
Question - last week I broke the pin in my trolling motor due to fishing line getting wrapped up in the prop, I bought a new prop and pin. The motor seams very slow, I took the prop off in my drive way and then ran through the 5 speeds, it seemed that it was going faster in 2 than it did in 5.
Does that make any since to anyone out there? I don't want to buy another trolling motor if there is an easier, cheaper solution. I was hoping that simply replacing the prop would have been enough... it could have been the wind and current, but it did not seem right.

Jig-Guy
12-12-2015, 10:29 PM
Thank you for your report.
Glad you were out there and doing your thing in the cool air, not for me I don't like being cold. You guys also beat the skunk:Skunk: & that's a plus.
I don't know about the trolling motor but some one on here I am sure will respond.
Latter,
jig-guy

BassinPLS
12-14-2015, 08:16 AM
Call the Trolling Motor Doctor in Lakewood, CA. They can probably diagnose the problem. Good People there, they will help you out!

Trolling Motor Doctor
3720 Industry Ave., #105
Lakewood, CA 90712
Toll Free Phone: 800-944-9446

PS I don't work for them. They have just solved my pass problem and have ALL OF THE PARTS in stock!

Durdy Daug
12-18-2015, 05:04 PM
Gonna give it another try in the morning, I wonder if it would be covered under the warantee, I just bought the boat in August from BPS. If not I guess I will just go out and get a 80 foot pound thrust 24 volt one. I would like the ipilot
one anyways.

Durdy Daug
12-19-2015, 05:30 PM
Chalk up another one for the wood. Water temp 50.9° wind was a howlin, very few boats out there today, maybe 4 all day... metered fish at the bottom or close to it several places but they would not bite. Wanted to go tomorrow rather than today, because of the forecast of 10+ MPH winds. The boss (wife) said today or not at all... should have opted for the latter... but... I am after all the Durdy Daug, and a fishing fool... ended up with just 1 schoolie strippers... Hoping to give it another try Christmas day!