PDA

View Full Version : Florida Jack Crevalle

muskyman
12-11-2015, 07:11 PM
So we fished the Pine Island area and came across some jacks that just destroyed my tackle and handed me my ***. We got them on topwater, and jerkbaits. They pull harder than just about anything I have ever hooked and the runs they make are just brutal. I mean, I have caught my share of yellowtail and big ones too, but these make them seem like childs play. Then we got into the redfish and they make some great table fare. Florida is just amazing when it comes to fishing, the amount of fishing is just stupid. This is a fishing friendly state. Everything is catered to fisherman and it is just about as normal as a starbucks run in Calif. Here , everyone fishes. I guess you would have to see it to believe it.

muskyman
12-11-2015, 07:11 PM
Dude why are those pics upside down and sideways ????? wtf did I do ?

dbfishing
12-11-2015, 08:03 PM
Did you get into any snook? Did you fish just pine island or anywhere else. I lived there for 6 yrs lots of amazing fishing which is the only thing I miss about fl

muskyman
12-12-2015, 11:06 AM
we caught a couple small 20, 25 inch snook. saw a monster swim by though. Keeping the dolphins away from the jack on the end of our line was like trying to keep the seals off your yellowtail out there !

Ian
12-13-2015, 08:51 AM
Dude why are those pics upside down and sideways ????? wtf did I do ?

They would be right-side up in RA. ;)

Hey, way to get a taste of Florida, Dave!
...and throw a swimbait for those Snook.

dbfishing
12-13-2015, 10:43 AM
47344. Doa shrimp also pinfish and yo Zuri work very well. 44in snook Cape Coral

muskyman
12-13-2015, 03:24 PM
dude you are the man, that snook is a monster. I cannot imagine trying to land a fish that size. The fish here just fight on another level compared to what I was use to in Calif. I lost a really big redfish on topwater at the boat today and we got some seat trout and even a flounder. Watching the dolphins just destroy mullet and leaving leftovers for the sharks. It was a blast.

dbfishing
12-13-2015, 03:50 PM
Like you said it's every fishermans dream everywhere you go you can fish